1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck and First Post

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dukeman1019me, Jan 25, 2008.

1. dukeman1019me

dukeman1019me Junior Member

Just picked this up today. Got a good deal on it. 2004 2500HD with only 29000 easy going miles on it :) My first truck that can actually hold a real plow.

Now I just need some new tires.. the stock do not fit the truck well at all. Any suggestions on tires and a plow? I would mainly be doing a few driveways (mine and family) then maybe some small lots starting next year or two.

2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

dukeman1019me-- Welcome to PS. Good looking rig, I like the color.

As far as tires, I would put at least 265's on that, I have 285's on my 2500HD. They would fill those wheel wells up a little and give it a more rugged look. If your going to be doing minimal plowing get something in the 8' range.

Browse around on here, you will be amazed of the wealth of info this site has to offer!:drinkup:
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck...congrats...and yea go with 265 or 285's i have 285's..
  4. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

yep I agree. 285's and 8' plow if only doing a few driveways.
  5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

welcome to plowsite. i have the same truck but with the cc. my truck has the 245's i am upgrading to 265's. i am also picking up a 8' boss plow today. i would go with atleast a 8' on your truck. good luck and dont forget to post pictures. Rich
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice truck. and good to see another CT guy. pick up an 8' Boss. Trust me you wont be disappointed. with all that heavy sleet/snow mix we've been getting for the last 2 years, get the trip edge because the full trip is constantly layed over with the sleety stuff
  7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Dukeman, Congrats on the new ride. Looks good. You'll do very well with at least 265's. As for plows, take a look at the SnoWay lineup, you won't be disappointed. On your truck, depending on future plans of use and budget, I would go with either the 8' 29TE Series (tripedge), the 8'6" 32 Series or 8'3" 28V, just depends on what you plan to do with it. Best of luck & keep us posted w/pics!!

Hey Rich, Didn't take you long to find a blade for that truck!! Or is it that you know something I don't know??? Are we getting "the Big One"?? I have to say, you sure picked a good time to be "bladeless". You didn't miss much work!! Hopefully we'll get at least 1 good shot this year. Have fun & can't wait to see the pics!! BTW- some of the "experts" are calling for 24-20 Giants over the Pats, hope their predictions are better than the NWS!!!:bluebounc:drinkup:
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck. I would go with 285's for sure. They fit with no issues and they look really good on those trucks (my brother has them on his 06's). As far as a plow goes you will get a ton of responses. I will give you my list of recomendations:

For driveways:
    - Hiniker C-plow
    - 8'+ Hiniker Straight
    - 8'+ Boss Straight

For lots:
    - 9' Hiniker Scoop wesport
    - 9.5' Hiniker Poly V (trip edge)
    - 9.2' Boss V

Can you tell I like Hiniker :rolleyes:? It also depends on what your closest 24hr dealer sells. Either way good luck, it will be a bad machine when its all done :nod: and a payup maker.
  9. MightySal

MightySal Junior Member

Welcome to Plowsite.
    As far as tires not sure, but as far as a plow to do driveways I would not go with anything bigger than an 8'. Most drives in CT that is about all they can handle. You might want to look at the ones that can back drag well. I have an 8' BOSS and some of my accounts are tight, and a lot of back drag.

Good luck
  10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Welcome, nice truck
  11. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

For tires i would say cooper discoverer S/T the 265 will give you better traction in the snow vs. the 285s..........
  12. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

why do people here suggest a wide tire for snowplowing? reading these posts, it seems the wider, the better... isn't it a fact that narrow tires are best for plowing?

i run 33x10.50's mud tires (fairly aggresive) on my F250 in the summer and 235's mud/snow tires in the winter for plowing. one season we got snow early and i hadn't swapped over to the 235's yet and it was terrible. i did about 3 driveways with the 33's and went home to put on the 235's. a world of difference. if you want the aggresive stance, go with the wide tires, if you want to maximize your plowing potential, run narrow tires. thats my experience...

and my buddy has the same truck, he's running an 8 foot boss and loves it.
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's a sweet truck! I can't wait to see a pic of it with a plow on it. Make sure you post one when you put one on there.
  14. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet truck
  15. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Nice truck! make sure to let us see it when you get the new plow and tires on.
  16. dukeman1019me

dukeman1019me Junior Member

Thanks for all the info Next up is finding the plow lol
  17. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Well, i think i bought at a good time, being there is no snow. Got it for a steal. Hopefully we will get to use them this year, or whats left of it. Today 65 this is crazy. LOL

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sweet truck man, we almost have enough ct guyson here to get a connecticut meet together....