1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck and boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowcrazy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

hello all, just wanted to show off a little bit. Nothing real fancy. 2014 gmc sierra 2500hd 6 litre gas truck. boss 9'2" box dxt. hope I like it!!! I couldn't repost pics so click on the link and you will see it. By the way, not sure if dealer cranked torsion bars or what but as you can see in the pics the plow picked up only drops truck right at a half inch.... No timberens.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=153637

2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Cranking the tortoin bars wont make the front drop less when lifting the blade , stronger tortion bars will like a 2014 has . On the new GMs there is no need for timbrens or gussets any longer.

3. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Wow, well I tell ya what, its pretty damn impressive. I had a f-350 straight axle front end with a 7'6" super duty plow on it and it dropped the front end more than this 9'2" v plow with this sierra. I am impressed with that. It hardly moves at all.