1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck Almost ready for winter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Brando55, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Brando55

Brando55 Member

Picked this up yesterday. Its a 2004 F250 5.4 gasser with a 7.5' arctic poly. Not so fond of the arctics but it will do for now. All it needs now is a salter.

2. gfd205

gfd205 Junior Member

Whats wrong with the Arctic?
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a tough work truck! Congrats.
  4. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Yea, all we run is arctics on both our heavy equipment as well as trucks in the past.
    Good Luck this winter
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with the Arctic's once you have them mounted. The wiring is still old style but works fine. They scrape well and seem to stand up to abuse.
  6. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

Yeah they work pretty well, ONCE you get them on. Getting them on can be an absolute monster though involving curbs and 2-3 guys for the really nasty ones.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I use to leave my truck in Drive and play with the jack and rock the headset. Then jump back in before I put it through the garage door. Now I just don't buy Arctic's.
  8. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

nice looking truck. im pretty sure i seen that one on the classifieds a little while ago