1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck - 03 F250 6.0 PSD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by timsjeep, Dec 11, 2004.

1. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Picked this one up last week. Just installed the plow and ready for this weekends snow. Its long, but sure has the power. Tim

New 6.0 F250.JPG

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

That truck looks LONG :nod: Nice though :drinkup:

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice F250! Is that a liquid salt tank in the back???

4. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

Very nice truck. I want a 6.0 sooooo bad. No turning on a dime for you.. :drinkup:

Chris

5. norrod

norrod Senior Member

Oh yeah ! very nice !

6. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Thanks for the complements.

No, that is a water tank for winter watering. We are in a drought here in Colorado and all the shrubs at all the properties need to be watered on a weekly basis. That is a 300 gallon tank. I am putting a flat bed on the truck next week and will be moving up to a 400 gallon tank. I am putting in a set of air bags to handle the weight. I also don't drive around town with the tank full, just around my properties.

As for the turning radius. That is completely gone. This truck needs a runway to turn around. I am getting good at 6 pnt. turns. Actually, its not that bad. Compared to my dodge it really sucks, but compared to the other Fords that I have, i think its ok.

Love the 6.0 PSD. I know some have had trouble with them, but the power is awsome and the trany is great. It loves to pull.

Tim

7. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

"Love the 6.0 PSD. I know some have had trouble with them, but the power is awsome and the trany is great. It loves to pull."

I have heard online of people saying there is problems with the early 03's, but have never talked to any owners that have had problems. It's just like any other "new thing". They have to work the bugs out, and they will.

I've ridden in them and they are very quick. The turbo screams its lovely sound. The 5 sp tranny works so well too. I will have one, some day :D

Later,
    Chris

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Very nice truck, I don't know if you know this but the 05 SD's now have a 15' tighter turning radious, makes a huge difference. :)

9. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Believe me, if I had $15k more to spend on this truck it would have been an 05. I really like the new trucks and the new features. Oh well, I am sure I will have one in a few years anyway.