1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new treadwrights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerrywane, Aug 13, 2011.

1. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Grab so good its scary.I think im gonna put my reg. tire back on the front cause it sticks the road soft and will take time to get used too......great tire,and the the tire shop guys jaws dropped when they seen how little it took to balence them!Getting another set for summer time ,and i got them with the walnut shels and glass in them awsume www.treadwright.com tryit youll like it:yow!:

101_7254 (Custom).jpg

101_7255 (Custom).jpg

101_7256 (Custom) (2).jpg

101_7258 (Custom) (Custom).jpg

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Looks just like a BFG Allterrain. I love those tires. I get em everytime I need tires.

Also make sure to tighten those bolts down on your plow mount before you put a plow on that truck.

3. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

yeppa

I pulled up to the doctors office and dead into a slab of concrete wHaMMMMMMMM gotta learn though probably check em after every use cant hurt>

4. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Man I just looked at the site and for 265 75 16 they are 110.00 each for load range E! they are a hell of alot cheaper than the BFGs for that matter any tire I looked at (duratrac) they are like 200 and some change, they look the same as the Bfgs tho, whats the catch?

5. M & MD Lawn

oooo nevermind, they are re treads

6. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

7. M & MD Lawn

Yea they are made the same, I researched it, that is a really cost effective option, I have to get a new set and 600 vs 1000 sounds good to me

8. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

agreed. :)

9. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

hhmmm. if it werent for finding a brand new set of 4 discontinued off brand cooper all terrains for $600 installed i'd be all over a set of these.

10. M & MD Lawn

Tire places dont give u hell to mount and balance do they??

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

12. nh785

nh785 Member

tried treadwright. had several of them come apart. 1 completely totaled the bed on my ford. Took em all off and threw them away put new steeltex on. What I saved on the retreads. was nothing compared to a new box and the down time from them coming apart going down the road.

13. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

wow

I would have throw them all away after the 1st one went kabluie glad you are O.K.:eek:

14. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

my most hated word in my tire dictionary "RETREAD" had too many blow on my big trucks and god forbid i put them on a pickup i'll stick to my courser c/t's best tire i have had in a long time

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Upon closer inspection of the mount. It appears there are 4 tight bolts on the corners.

16. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

In almost all cases, a retread tire will last longer than a new tire. One reason re-caps fail on big trucks (busses, semis, fire trucks, etc) is because the tires are not balanced and have tremendous weight and pressure on them. Heat and pressure will destroy anything. Retreads on a pick up truck are perfectly safe. You have to compare apples to apples, not apples to peaches. A "big" truck is not the same as a "pick up" truck. Tread wright would not sell tires if they are going to explode/blow out. The process is exactly the same as a new tire. They just reuse the casing. Around here the local tire shop uses casings up to 10yrs old.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices on these tires. Will Treadwrights stay low, and become an even better value? Or will they increase prices, because they can as new tire prices continue to rise.

18. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

great minds

Think alike.....just ordered my 2nd set yesterday,and 2 of my cousins are getting theres...Hummmmph