1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new trans pan !!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by magnatrac, Mar 16, 2009.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Well I just had my oil changed and the guys there said I need to come take a look at something. Sure enough I have a rusty leaking trans pan. I know ford is well know for rusty tin under their trucks but this seems a little premature. It's an 07 f-350 with 33k on it. I drove over to the dealer and they acted as if it was the first time they have seen such a thing:dizzy: Everything under the truck looks great ,no rust on the engine oil pan. They are ordering a new one so it will get replaced ,but what's next. I have had so many problems with this truck. I hope the next 30k miles don't cause me too much trouble becasue I get to start paying here soon:cry:

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I had the rear diff cover rust out on my 99. The sales guy at Summit Racing told me he sells a lot of the covers. They all seem to be Ford truck owners too.Hummm