1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Trailer - Which One?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Remstar, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Remstar

Remstar Member

Hey guys purchasing a new trailer tommorow, have 2 different options I have narrowed it down to:

Both Come in either 18 or 20 feet models:

Trailer 1 is you standard fold down spring loaded ramps, Actual deck space on the 20 ft model was 18 ft.

Trailer 2 has the flipover full width ramps. Actual deck space on the 20 ft model was 17 ft.

I personally liked trailer 2 a bit better, though it might be easier to operate over the long haul, any thoughts on this?

Trailer 1.jpg

trailer 2.jpg

trailer 22.jpg

2. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

Trailer 2 gets my vote. I like the ramp design. There's nothing wrong with the first, but the second option looks a bit nicer / easier to use.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Personally I'd go with a tilt deck trailer. But since that wasn't one of your choices.... I'd go with number 2. That's a NICE looking trailer. :drinkup:

4. Remstar

Remstar Member

I think the tilt is just too pricy.
    The first trailer is ($4850 -18') - (5000-20'),
    the second is ($5515-18') - ($5865-20')
    and the static tilt deck....16 with 4 ft front stationary front was $6400.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  5. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I like #2. The dovetail seems a bit longer which makes loading easier. The fold flat ramps come in handy, they allow you to use the full flat deck if you need to.

I've been hauling some logs lately and my fold flat ramps allow me to use the entire 25' of my gooseneck.

6. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I've been looking at 14,000lb tilt trailers lately my self. I have found them in the Michigan auto and RV trader for $4,400.

7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I like #2 as well. I see that they have a spare tire mount on them. I got one of those on my trailer and put the tire on it once. haven't since. The spare blocks your view of the actual trailer tires on that side while towing. I like to be able to see the tires in case of flat, smoked brake, etc and the spare prevents that.

8. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

So which one did you end up with? I just found out that I'm going have to replace mine sooner than later as well . I found a Kaufman gravity tilt with a 22 foot deck for $3995.00 , Looks like a pretty nice trailer, a little longer than I need but not too bad.