1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tractor Rig Photo-Normand Inv/ Metal Pless blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereGuy, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Attached is a photo of the Ag Tractor with snow add-ons for light commercial work as mentioned in my last thread on Ag Tractors. Tractor build is in process at local Deere shed. Metal Pless Agrimaxx HD 9-15 blade with frame mount and rear Normand 280Inv blower. Tractor is a Deere 5115M. More pics to follow if anyone is interested. The Frame mount is very clean for the blade. Hydraulics still need work on the rear blower.
    http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117583&stc=1&d=1353301407

IMG_0761.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

3. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Thanks Steve, I'll forward the vid to the dealer. Your setup looks clean and well though out. I think the previous unit they set up they changed the direction of the feeds on the rotation cylinder to make it work.

4. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I believe they are using one of three rear remotes for the front blade hyd feed. So I have two left for blower use. The blower chute rotation will come off the third function on the triple mids activated on the scv joystick buttons. Does that sound right? Unless I add a diverter to a rear remote that is the only way I think it can work it. I would still be able to run my loader with out the blade on the front and keep the rear blower functional which works for me with this setup.

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

If you have 3 rears, why not just run the blower completely off those? And run the front plow blade off the mids?

6. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

For one, constant flow is available as a detent on the rear. I'm not sure if there is any difference flow rate wise from rear to mid except the rear is meant to be high usage and the mids intermittent. The first bank being the coolest to run on Deere's deluxe triple rear.

As an aside, I really like the view with the loader off. Thats a lot of metal that I won't have to swing around and the footprint is more compact as a result. I'll try to get some better pictures soon. Deere out of hose clips to make up Hydraulic runs. So another wasted couple of days it would seem. Other than that they are being pretty good detail wise IMO. I was unhappy that the backup alarm kit did not include a toggle off switch. They searched out the correct horn toggle and are splicing it in tomorrow. So I appreciate that and so will the Condo's I do at 3am.

7. 04FordF250

04FordF250 Junior Member

Very nice tractor. I would like to see the front frame mount to tractor, closer if you get a chance.

8. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I have this one but it is a bit dark and not the best angle. I'll take some more in a day or two.
    It doesn't show the connection or the frame too well. We were able to retain the hood guard by removing a center cross member, which was cool, and the piston fit's neatly under. Ground clearance to frame is better than I thought at around 12" or so. Top link or piston release and 2 quick pins release blade from the frame. Bottom lift piston connection is not connected in photo and may not be for a couple of days.

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117618&stc=1&d=1353377412

IMG_0760.jpg

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks very nice.

10. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Thanks JD Dave. Maybe a little small by Canadian standards. Trying to sort out the elect over hydraulic joystick setup now. It came with a 3 solenoid system/ 3 button joystick, for a 4 function system. I never knew it was not a full functioning joystick control until the setup guy started asking questions.

I'm now trying to make a swap for the "optional" full 4 function joystick control and 4 bank diverter block. I guess what I have is standard up where you are. Here in Metro Boston, I doubt anyone would look at it without the independent electronic features unless they ran it off the scv joystick with an extra diverter fully manual oil control. 4 pair of hoses is a lot though.

A bit frustrated as time is not on my side and Thanksgiving Holiday will bring everything to a stop.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  11. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

That's a sharp looking set up, Deere guy...
    Will you take off the plow while using the blower?

12. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

If I had a bunch of drives to do I would but I have no plans to with the commercials I have this season. I'm not sure what the offset for the wing is in relation to the tractor width yet. I will have to angle the blade and see how close I can get to, say a wall with the 92" blower with the blade on.

I do imagine I will use the loader with bucket to push back piles while the blower on. I am excited to try out the capabilities of the blower with regard to cutting back encroaching banks. This is a trial year. Ya, pretty expensive trial but once I figure what the equipment is capable of I will be more in a position to make a business plan for next year. I want to take on a street of drives just so as to gain that blower experience. Not sure what will happen this year though.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  13. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Thumbs Up That is a beautiful setup. Look forward hearing how it works out for you.

14. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Can you use the loader with the plow harness still on the tractor?

15. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Triple L, yes, and so that was a huge selling point. I'll get a photo on here at some point of the loader and bucket on while the frame and lift are still attached. Of course, I haven't seen it work but there seems to be enough space. The new H series loaders put the bucket out further than the old style I'm told so that will help a bit too. They will mount a set of disconnects on the lift frame so I don't have to mess with the set of hoses all the way to the back.

The only down side is that the frame goes to the rear drawbar frame with one pin and as such the tow bar that would hold a pintle or ball hitch can not be used. If I needed to tow anything, I would have to buy a 3ph style frame with ball or pintle connection. Frame is not too bad to take off. Putting it back on may be a chore.

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

That's sweet! With a HLA horst parallel lift you can't use the loader with is a major downfall...

Thanks for the info!

17. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Yup, looked at those. Price is a bit more for the Metal Pless depending on controls. But, if you want versatility, then it narrows your options pretty quick.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  18. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

One more of the frame to blade connection and the Normand inverted

snowblowerhttp://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117812&stc=1&d=1353711752

IMG_0767.jpg

19. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

20. Trites

Trites Junior Member
    from canada

deereguy just wondering how you made out with that tractor. did you try stacking with the loader arms? I am looking at buying the same type of setup but worried i wont be able to stack very high with a tractor compared to a loader.