1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New tractor pushing a bunch of snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by edgeair, Apr 3, 2014.

1. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

As we close out another season, I wanted to reflect on a hard fought winter and was cruising through my photos and saw a couple of nice photos symbolic of what we went through. I never seem to have any photos of when it was bad and heavy, (too busy pushing snow then I guess) but at least I got a full plow of snow to take a few. It sucked at this place when we got close to 2'....

Raising a toast to all the other snow pros out there :drinkup:

IMG_2763.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice............

Especially now that it's OVER. lol

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet......

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Is that a metal pless blade? If so how did it perform.

5. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yes it is a 2008 10-16 metal pless. Didn't get a lot of time on it, but once I replaced the cutting edge (bought it used) it worked well. I like the live edges on the wings.

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice setup , should be able to see good with all them lights. :D

7. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Darn right! I'm used to 2 cab lights and 2 hood lights, it was almost blinding to have them all on at once :dizzy:

8. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

A couple more when we were in the thick of it. One of the first winters I can remember using a mini to help clean up snow.... But worked great for breaking up the piles to haul away and pull snow off delicate lawn areas.

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2708.jpg

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Great stuff! Those piles must be pretty packed and dense when you haul them away after blowing them up with the blower.

10. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yes, you better believe it! This was the first year since we got that account that we hauled any away. We took over 100 truck loads out of that pile, and only got about 1/3 of the way into it. Used the 4 ton mini to claw at the pile and break it up into snow bucket sized chunks.

Normally we avoid hauling because we blow it up into the pile, but not this year. By the end of March, we had just about filled that area back up after hauling away in the middle of February.

11. Born To Snow

Born To Snow Junior Member

Nice, only a Nong would describe that as nice.

12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What's a "Nong"?

(And sweet pics!)

13. Mark Oomkes

Holy crap, you skeered me for a minute you drongo.

You trolling me?

If you don't have insulated budgie smugglers, you're not allowed on this forum.

14. Born To Snow

I am a Junior Member.....it's the cold you know

15. Mark Oomkes

So you figure be because you're heading into winter and on the off chance you'd get accumulating snow at 65* F you'd join plowsite?

16. Born To Snow

Well its like this,

I subscribed to a climate change forum and this bloke called Gore or something said the climate was really changing

So rather sit back on my hands and watch my feet turn blue, and my toes drop off. I thought I would be proactive and be prepared...so here I am so look out North 'Murkins

Just yesterday I went swimming, a cold curent was pouring onto my coast and the water temp was just below 24*C

I said to my little Finish friend that it was too cold to swim, she just laughed and said as she dived in.. "this aint cold you nong"

So that's the theory

....and they are awesome pics at the top of this thread, I'd love to see something like that one day, but only for one day!

17. Mark Oomkes

You're welcome any time, mate.

18. Mark Oomkes

Your Finnish friend is correct. 75* water is not cold. It isn't even cool.

Took the family to Sea World's Discovery Cove several years back. As we were getting prepped\instructed the employees asked where everybody was from, etc. We said Michigan and they said "everybody else is going to be cold, but you folks will be fine with the 67* water the dolphins are in."

She was right.

19. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Nice tractor setup! Thumbs Up