1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New toys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.Henderson, Oct 14, 2002.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

These are what I am going to clean my driveway accounts with this year.

blower front.jpg
  2. J.Henderson

Who says you can't do a driveway with a blower?
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2002
  3. J.Henderson

another view....

4. J.Henderson

5. J.Henderson

and for the cleanup on the walks.....

plow front2.jpg
  6. J.Henderson

front view...

truck back.jpg
  7. J.Henderson

actually, these are not mine. Our airport had them on display last week. A guy can wish, can't he?
  8. J.Henderson

and one with my truck....

truck side.jpg
  9. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I think you might need something a little bigger.
    Just my two cents worth. HA! HA!
    Awsome rig, I will put it on my wish list for my B-day.

10. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Nice trucks, I think i might look into one of those, lol :D . What kind of plow do you have on the dodge? Looks like a nice rig.
  11. J.Henderson

Waiting to get a plow for my 2500. I still don't know if I want to mount on my snoway or get a new boss. I am waiting to hear from bank. I want a Vee.

I posted the blower pictures for the benefit of Casey. How many members remember him? He was the one who swore up and down a blower could beat a plow in residentials. Maybe with a blower like ths he could.
  12. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I remember him. He sure started some controversial topics.
    How wide is the plow on that truck?? and what breed truck was it?
    Pretty impressive,
    Mark K
  13. J.Henderson

It looked like 2 10 footers bolted together in the middle. It was also close to 4 1/2 ' tall. There hydraulics were also monsterous. I remember seeing these babies fly on the runways last year. They were throwing windrows 15 foot high and 20 foot away. They were also going (or so it looked) around 45 miles per hour. Got to keep the planes on the tarmac.
  14. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Hey ya changed your picture

How would ya like to hit a curb or speedbump at that speed:eek:
    That would really jar your teeth:D.
    Mark K
    p.s. Nice Dodge
  15. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Next time we get 7ft, I know who I'll be calling.....
    Seriously I wish..... Nice equip they have there.
  16. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

We have a snowblower on a compact tractor, I would sure like to trade it on one of those! It's my wifes business, sometimes when we get a big dump I get to go blow driveways while my wife (or the guy who works for her) is out plowing with the F350/Fisher. Sheesh. Backing up to snowblow is a literal pain in the neck after a few driveaways and it is in NO WAY as fast as a plow, but our customers sure seem to like the fact that I can keep their driveways widened out with it.

17. casey

casey Banned

Single stage blowers are faster on small res. drives, do no damage to turf or pavement, work easily between cars & down walks & clean right to the pavement for a better finish.

That truck has a 2 stage & couldn't possibly compete.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2002
  18. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

That's exactly the reason that when I purchased a Snowblower for our John Deere 1070 tractor I got a Lorenz. They make an undercarriage that allows you to mount the snowblower out front and use the rear PTO to power it. I used a rear mount once for about 2 hours and my neck has never been the same.
  19. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

We use about 6 of those OshKosh Multi Purpose Units. Its got a seperate engine just for the lower (as big as the drive engine) Only problem with the blower is you have to go pretty slow.

We have plows on all of ours but one. We have 3 or 4 blowers, but only leave one attatched. With those 20 footers, you really have to fly to get the snow to fly off the blade. We're usually going between 35 and 45 MPH depending upon ice and amount of snow. Its fun, but it gets old. I don't mind plowing on the runway/airfield once in a while, but I much rather be on the streets.

I'll try to get some pics of our fleet in the next week or two. We just added 2 Avalanche snow pushers for our 4 CY loaders and 2 smaller pushers for our bobcat's, so hopefully they work out well.
  20. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Suuure,, somebody had to tease him and get him to grace us with his presence again.