1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Dec 21, 2001.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Anyone buy themselves any exciting new toys this year?

2. wingnut

wingnut Junior Member

Just bought a 7.5 foot myer for my 99 yukon 1500. Dont have it yet. Should be installed next week. Anyone have any suggestions for me to enhance the beef on my front end or for that matter for my truck in general?
  3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

For me it is exciting. I took a step up from the shovel + bucket sanding method. Bought a new 1.5 yrd SS electric sander from Downeaster. Haven't realy used it yet but it sure makes the Mitisi ride better with a yard of mix on the back. Also, still waiting to try out the new 8' Meyer Poly plow on the front.

4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Just bought a new Cat 226 skidsteer with bucket, forks, cab-heat and snow bucket and i cant wait to try it out, we are cutting our old 12' pusher down to 8' already have the skidsteer attachement plate and are going to cut it down next week. Cant wait
  5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Just put a back drag blade on my 8.5 fisher.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

new pickup, and plow---2500hd/ultra mount 8'

and a sno-way v-box for a different truck

also a snow plow for a walker mower
  7. sledhead

sledhead Member

New toyz

New 02 F-250 and a new (in the box untill sat.) Western 8 ft. Poly w/ an Ultra-mount.
    Also a bunch of go-fast goodies for last years new snowmobile.

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

This'll be old news for some, but mine is an '01 F-350 POWERstroke that I put a Blizzard 810 on. I'm VERY anxious to try it. It replaces an '81 F-350 which was forced in to retirement (wrecked). I hope I get the same sevice from the new truck.
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

old news, too. '96 Chevy 3500 DRW 6.5TD and 8' Fisher ProCaster spreader. Been getting lots of compliments. Now I just need to get some traction. I think I'll use chains for this year.
  10. Comet

Comet Senior Member

one) 2 Stage Western Tailgate Spreader
    three) Toro 6.5hp 3650 Snowblowers
    one) Cat Skid Steer loader 226 purchaced in Sept
  11. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

just put a swenson replacment tailgate hydro spreader and clutch pump on the 550 works very good .So far 2 plowings and 4 trips w/ sander
  12. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green Junior Member

just bought a new snow-way 7'6"plow with down presure
    and clear mold bord. and a new Trynex mini pro 575 tailgate
    spreader for my almost new 2000 dodge ram 1500.4x4ext.cab
    Lot of misln. new strobe,timbrens all the way around, new
    earthway push spreader,new snapper 19" single stage blower
    Cant wait to go use all my new toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
  13. Santa

Santa Junior Member

2001 John Deere 250 skidsteer w/7.5' snow wolf ultra, enclosed cab with heat, and snow bucket.

2001 Chevy C3500H.D. 8.1 Vortec , H.D. auto, w/ 9' meyer's and henderson S.S. V-box sander.

We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday, and a prosperous new year !!!

14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Santa - you're supposed to be passing out the goodies, not hogging them for yourself. You can just park mine outside my front door. Thanks:D
  15. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Bought an used but reconditioned 6.5' Fisher Minute Mount snowplow. Installed it on my 1989 Toyota pickup. Good setup.

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

Bought myself a WARN hs9500i winch and built a portable receiver mount for it. thats my self security for this winter.
  17. captjack

captjack Member

I bought a used (10HRS) Buyers stainless steel v-box spreader.
    It is going to sit next to the 1yr old western pro plow,and the toro cc3650 snow blower. That way i have all the stuff i never get to use in one spot! lol
    Merry xmass
    Capt Jack
  18. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

2002 Chevey 2500HD Ext cab, with new 8.5 Fisher V, picked up last month
  19. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

I've spent a little more then I usually do this year on work "toys". I now have a 35 * 50 insulated and heated workshop. 2001 chev 2500 HD 8100 / allison trans. with a 9'2" Boss V-plow. A used New Holland 785 skid steer with 2 speed, snow bucket, land plane, material bucket, cab and heat. Curtis tailgate spreader, 2 Redmax backpack blowers (good for light powdery snow). 2001 Dodge Durango. An Exmark lazer 60 inch deck with Ultra Vac collection system, and a couple of three point attachment for a utility tractor. Only a few more days to purchase for this tax year. It's a good time to stimulate the economy with all the extra inscentives companies are offering right now.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

yard works howdoes that plow feel on the front of that truck....i was close to buying a v but decided not to because i was afraid of the weight.......you obviously are not