1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New toys

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by djd427, Mar 1, 2005.

1. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I got the 2500HD a few weeks ago. It has the 6.0 gas. I am pretty happy with the 3500 (6.0 gas also). It will have a Blizzard on it very soon

109_0966resize.jpg

2. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I ordered a Bobcat 185 turbo and it finally came in. I had them deliver it to my parents house yesterday, just in time for the storm. I have 8 driveways to do in their development so it came in handy. The operator had them done in 4 hours this morning ( 10 inches). He then drove it a mile to my home to do the driveways there. I am extremely happy with it so far. It is so much faster and easier to do these driveways (most are backblading) than with one of the 3500's.

bobcat.jpg

3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

It looks like someone had a good year :nod:... Nice looking "toys". A buddy of mine has a 04 Chev just like yours even the same color with a Blizzard on it, he loves it.

4. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I actually had a pretty good year, especially with the concrete stamping and mira-crete. The snowplowing has been pretty good, just need a few more storms.
    I have an 810 on my 3500 (same color green as the 2500 LOL)and love the Blizzard and the truck. It is just hard with the dump box doing the smaller jobs.
    How does his 2500 handle the blizzard? Does he run alot of ballast in the back? I put timbrens on the 2 3500's and it made a big difference.

5. Team_Yamaha

I think that Steve is running around 1000-1200 lbs of ballast. He has his torsion bars cranked almost all the way up, and it carries the plow really nice with the 265's on. He was thinking about putting in different cams for the bars so he can get more height and run 305's in the summer, but he isn't sure if he wants to because of plow.

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

djd427,
    Dang, you got some mighty fine equipment there. Congrats on the great year!

Buck

7. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Thanks Buck For the past 15 years I have been doing everything by hand. Now with the dumptruck and bobcat I won't know what to do with my extra energy,, oh,,,,I know :drinkup:

I am really gonna miss those days of busting up concrete with a sledge hammer, loading it on the pickup,, and then unloading it by hand,LOL
    I actually can't wait for spring and some warm weather.

8. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Team Yamaha,
    How does the S250 do with the 12' pusher? I think I will have to blade for mine this summer. What would you advise? Not to sure the 185 will handle an 810

9. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Nice new toys. I just sold my 2002 S185 to a guy in Alaska. Lots of dollars for shipping. :rolleyes: I have a S205 on order and i hope I am as happy with that as my old one. They are nice machines. Heres a tip to keep it looking new. Go to CorrosionX.com and check out the sprays that will stop any rust from salt on your machine in its tracks. About $16.00 a can. Good luck with your new investments.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Good looking equipment. How do you like the 3500srw. They look nice.

William

11. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Thanks William, The 3500 is a Dual wheel with a dump box. I love everything about it except the gas mileage. Get about 8/city 4-5/plowing.

12. Team_Yamaha

The S250 with the pusher does really well with 10" or less of powder and 5-6" or less of wet heavy snow in a 350-400 ft push, but with anything more I use the 7.5' blade. I have used the blade on the 763 and it works pretty good but does work it alot. I would think that your 185 should handle a 810 pretty good. The only thing is, it depends on how long of pushes are you doing. I would say that on res.driveways you should be able to push 16-18' of powder without too much problem. I would also post in the heavy equipment forum and ask in there also, to get their advise. Hope I helped a little.