1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toys!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PROPJCKEY, Nov 25, 2003.

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Alright boys,

figured since alot of other guys post their toys, here's mine. 2003 Western (what else is there?) UltraMount Pro plow coupled with a shiny new Whelen light bar wired into my rear cargo lamp button, no more damn wires out the door.(good deal...$90.00 from sirennet.com)
    Now, if I could just get my wife to wash the truck for me it might look pretty again!....BRING ON THE SNOW!

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Did adams put it on for you?

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Yeah, but its the last time. put the wrong wiring harness on, no dielectric on the connectors, or any grease on anything else, left the solenoid laying on my console with the wire coming out of my dash, the plow and rack was dirty/dusty as hell (could have cleaned it, I clean my houses before I sell them) and, oh yeah, mechanic left a 3/8" rachet exstention hanging out of the rubber boot in the firewall presumably so he could get the wiring through!:mad:

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

sorry your experiance was not that good they have done all my trucks except this one.I bought the plow there and installed it my self saved $400.00 that way! probably ought to call rich jr. and let him know how you feel!

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

thanx for the name. wasnt sure who to talk to. Mary Beth saved the whole deal, seems she holds all the egos together, what a sweetheart.
  6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice new plow. the western seems to be the most popular plow on the sight, seems like everybody is buying new western plows:)
  7. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Nice looking outfit.:)
    Now you have an extra 3/8 ratchet extention.
    You have to come to BC for the snow, two plowablew events so far. It usually never snows here in Nov., now we've had two and may have one more this month. I'm loving it.:D
  8. doh

doh Senior Member

I have nothing but good to say for Western plows, on my second and no problems except wear bars and shoes. This one was even on the bottom of the lake for 6 days in 2000.

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Thanks for the compliment Windmill. would love to keep the rachet extension however, I think the owner of the dealership might like to see his employees' workmanship, I left it in there!
  10. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

Im surprised adams didnt do a good job for you, due to how big their company is. Theyinstalled all three of my plows and I never had a problem. They also installed all of my lights. I never had a problem with that either.

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

oh yeah, thannks for reminding me.......i had to adjust my lights too! should have mounted it myself..oh well, live and learn
  12. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

Try some reverse floods , their great.
  13. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

hey windmill

thats enough son.i don't wanna hear about the snow your having unless you truck it down here for me:D
  14. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Hmmm . . . .could be arranged. At $100/hr CDN plus cost for trucking fees, yeah I think I could do that.:) I don't think there is any duty on snow (We'll certify it to be yellow free). Where would you like that dropped off sir?:D
    That's a deal after exchange, how many trucks would you like???
  15. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Shoot I'll just leave the dump trucks outside, I think we're getting some more tomorrow.
    Now you know what it felt like when you were getting all the snow last year.:)