1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toyota dually diesel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fulltiltwill, Feb 10, 2008.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

to be honest I expected it to be ugly but it really isnt. What is up with the cab/clearence lights tho? they want them to be fricken spotlights?
  3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

It does not look bad but I see what you mean about the SPOT LIGHTS lol. It does not look right thought some trucks should not be dually, next thing you know it Honda is going to do the same thing with the ridgeline lmao:eek:
  4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

ya some trucks should just not be duallies. I really dont like how the tailgate is so tiny and how there is that big piece of sheetmetal betweem the tailgate and the rear lights. It just looks weird.
  5. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I am not very impressed at all. The only photo that looks good at all is the shot from the front. All the rest look like the proportions are way out of place. That is just my opinion though.
  6. HC plower

HC plower Member

It's only a concept they showed at SEMA this year. Everyone knows that the Tundra's frame is prone to cracking.
  7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

the bed in that truck is smaller then my cars trunk
  8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

the rear end looks like they took a ford 9 inch and put one set or tires on it then an add a hub and another tire. with abed that small theres no way u could get a ton on that
  9. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

whats that specs on the engine and drive train ? not that bad looking however its not a true heavy duty truck thats guys want for working
  10. zim bob

zim bob Member
    from MA

i think it looks pretty beasty lol. but i dont like the look of it its ugly.
  11. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

That thing looks BAD @$$. I don't like the look of any dually trucks, but the front view of that truck looks sick. i think it would look better if it were not a dually. That wide rear end doesn't look so good, but the rest is pretty i mean i think.
  12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Have you guys seen interior? It has like little metal eyelets put into the leather and a pattern...... And is that a short bed on a dually? I'm really not wild about it. They could give it some potential, but the concept just doesn't have it. I really don't want toyota to make a truck like that anyways. They should leave it up to the americans to make full size trucks. JMO. And that could be another whole thread lol...
  13. occ3377

occ3377 Member

as stated above, from what i read it is a one time deal and not gonna be made for the public. and mike psd, the engine is a hino trucks USA high-pressure common-rail turbo diesel 8.0-liter inline 6 making 305 horses and 610 pound-feet said to be tuned to add another 200 horses and 400 pound-feet of tourque. the tranny is a eaton 4205 five speed manual
  14. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

I've got one word for it F***ing Junk! Oh, that was 2 words. :nod:
  15. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I like the cab/spotlights personally. Over all I think its a great looking truck. I'd rather have a ext cab longbed though. If it hits production like that you will see a lot of semi-pro race teams running them with GN trailers.

I think most of you people are brainwashed into thinking toyotas ain't that good because thats what your father told you. If you took the time to ride in one, drive one, or just talk with someone whose had first hand experience with them you would be impressed. My next truck will not be another Ford, hate to tell you. American vehicles just don't go the same distance as the imports. We practically invented the word GREED. American car company's build something that lasts maybe 10 years now if you take "good care" of it, then they want you to buy another one. The imports will last double that. Hell my Toyota pickup was flat out abused by the previous two owners from what I can tell about it, Sure its rusty (what isn't around here thats 14-15yrs old, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  16. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

oh no

What an ugly baby! It just isint right. Imports have gone to far
  17. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I like it but like HC plower said it is only a CONCEPT. They already said they are NOT going to produce it.

If they did make it I would probably buy one. Power Jokes are junk, Dodges have great engines but its a dodge and I just am not a fan of the Duramax, no real reason. I would be willing to try something new. If Honda came out with a HD diesel truck I would buy one in a second, it would probably be made/assembled in the US anyway.
  18. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

19. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

^^^ If ya ask me that thing is cool looking.
  20. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I know thats the short bed but I bet the full size couldn't handle a 6' sander. Of course there going to put a massive diesel in it also just so there ad can say the ''most hp/tq in it's class.''

Imagine a cab/chassis toyota????????