1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toy

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Kevin Kendrick, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

This is for the downtown airport. It is the new Henke FVX Folding Vee Plow. It took me a year to round up this order but it finally happened!! We stripped the valve off and had to send it to our hydraulics supplier so they could add sections to it to accomodate all of the different functions. They also ordered (2) 16' airport runway plows. All told the order was for $60,000....WOHOOO!!!

Airport Henke V plow 001.jpg

Airport Henke V plow 002.jpg

Airport Henke V plow 003.jpg

Airport Henke V plow 004.jpg

Airport Henke V plow 005.jpg

2. Kevin Kendrick

One more...The plow is a compression spring trip edge and it has a pitch cylinder on it to level it out whenever you need to. But its mostly to keep the cutting edge off the ground when in carrying position.

Airport Henke V plow 006.jpg

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Can I run on of those on my Tahoe? Would I need Timbrens?

Seriously, that looks one massive plow. How wide is it? That pitch cylinder is cool. I've been thinking that is the first serious mod I would do to the XV.

4. Kevin Kendrick

It is 12' wide and 41" tall. Takes a beast of a truck to handle this bad boy as it weighs approximately 2,400lbs.

5. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Nice rig, looks like fun. can you actually see the blade while plowing with that behemoth?

6. Kevin Kendrick

Heres a couple more right before delivery. It is very difficult to see it from the cab of the truck so I threw some rod markers on it to help. Before we put the rod markers on, I went to move it from the back lot and hit the wrong function and the right wing scraped down the side of one of our trash trucks. :eek::eek:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I want one. Looks good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.