1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New toy.........

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowcrazy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Hello all, I have decided to go over to the "other side" with the folks that plow in a brand new truck. I have always said it was stupid but my trucks make a lot of money for me so having something dependable and not having trouble sleeping for fear of a vehicle that may have problems before the storm I crossed over.

Anyways, 2014 sierra 2500hd 6 litre gas work truck. Only options A/C and cruise!! LOL 9'2" boss dxt....... Kaffenbarger truck equipment put the plow on. Im thinking they must have cranked torsion bars because this plow doesn't drop the front of this truck hardly AT ALL......... Maybe half inch. check out the pictures......... First two are of plow raised and plow down so you can see the difference.......

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Nice truck! Enjoy!

( my favorite pic is the last one with the pooch :) )
  3. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

hahahah, yeah I take my two dogs plowing with me a lot. there is a little jack Russell in that pic to...... LOL
  4. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Nice truck. I too like the last pic. Looks like the dog is telling the truck I'm still is best friend. Don't forget it!
  5. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice looking truck and plow! You will have to get some action shots now!
  6. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Nice pickup and blade! Let us know how it works out for you.
  7. Urdum2

Urdum2 Member

very nice rig ..i was going to go to a white truck but never owned anything black ..... i am waiting on a 2014 ford f350 (all the bells and whistles) with a western mvp poly plow..also adding atomic cap light package and thinking about the tail and headlight package...feel like a little kid waiting for christmas or vacation....
  8. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Welcome to the site!!! be sure to post some pics of that thing soon as you get it. The only reason I went with the white was because it was cheap. I got the truck with plow installed for 35,000 but that was only possible if you went with the "work truck" model. I also figured salt wouldn't show so much on it.
  9. Drewster2012

Drewster2012 Senior Member
    from Ma

Sweet truck!! It barleys sags... I want a truck just like that... Starting to like the gm reg cab 2500s now
  10. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Should be a monster combo.
  11. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Great setup. Congrats. I feel that they had to of cranked the bars. It doesn't sag much at all. Seems like a heck of a deal too for truck/plow.
  12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Those bars are cranked very little, if at all. Looks stock to me, these new GMs are tough.
  13. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Nice rig! Should make some serious coin
  14. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Well, that's what I thought especially since I couldn't find hardly anyone in the area that would even sell me the truck alone without the plow for that kinda price. we settled on 33,599 for the truck with a 7'6" boss super duty straight blade since that is what I was used to but changed my mind at the last minute. Honestly I didn't think that the v plow was that much more expensive....... Im going to go out in a little bit and figure out how to slow down the drop of the blade. you press the down button and when that blade hits the ground it SLAMS!!!! I figure there is prolly some kinda valve adjustment somewhere.
  15. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

another thing that in a way stinks is that I will be putting an aluminum flat bed on it in the very near future. I don't think single rear trucks look very good with a flat bed on them but I want this truck to be built to work and I love working out of/off of a flat bed......... I figure the truck will not look near as good but hey I want it to be as worker friendly as possible.
  16. Drewster2012

Drewster2012 Senior Member
    from Ma

i know boss has a video on how to slow down the drop.. its pretty easy it looks like
  17. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

18. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC Junior Member

I've had my 05' 2500HD 6.0 litre plowing for 4 years. Bulletproof plow truck. Enjoy it, the truck is a beast wesport
  19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If you're talking about their flashing cab lights I think I'd save the money and just get a magnetic led mini bar. I've come across a truck or two around here with the Atomic led cab lights and I have not been impressed. I spent more time trying to figure out what was wrong with the cab lights on the truck then I did being impressed with their attention grabbing patterns. To me they look like the lights have a ground problem and can't stay lit.

A nice aluminum bed, some under body boxes, and a different set of wheels and tires would really set the truck off. It doesn't take much to make a straight work truck appear to be a little bit more of a looker.
  20. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Nice set-up, congrats on the new rig!