1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by paponte, Dec 22, 2003.

1. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Finally in, picked it up today. This one is going on the UD. 9' BOSS. Gotta wait till after christmas to install it. I think the wife would kill me if I did it while the family was in town. :cool:

[​IMG]

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Don't you just hate it when you can't play with your new toys until the family leaves. :nono: Just like being a kid......Wait a minute we are all kids our toys are just more expensive now that we are a little older. Nice looking plow:cool:

3. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

what are you installing it on???? I am on Long Island too and I am glad to see that there will be someone else praying for snow!!:nod:

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

It's going on a UD cabover.

5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

!!IT CAN BE DONE!! No one made a kit for a UD. Started today at 9am, and pretty much finished by 2pm. Not bad for fabricating, and rigging things to fit. I used a mounting kit for an '03 Mitsu, but chopped, welded, sawzalled and drilled the cr@p out of it. I am pretty confident it will hold up to any abuse. Only thing I haven't done was the high/low beams. The truck has the older style 4 headlights, and I am sure it will take some toying around with to get just right. It's New years, and everyone wanted to get home early. Happy new year everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Pretty kool, I'm just wondering how that thing will plow, pretty big for doing smaller commercials. You must have some larger accounts.

Looks good though :)

7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

paponte

You will love that truck for plowing,its like a tank.
    How much clearance do you have under your push frame to the road? That is a problem with my Mitsu. The frame drags on the ground if you go up a drive with much approach angle. Also will hit into the top of curbs when pushing back. I looked into different springs but not that much better for the price. I got new Cooper 235's m/s for the front this year and its 2" higher than the standard 215 highway tire. I have 8" clearance now, much better.

Gene

8. paponte

paponte Senior Member

As it is now, the bottom of the pushbar sits 11" off the ground. I am going to have the front springs rearched, and possibly one added this week. Boss reccomends 15 1/2" clearence, but that sounds awefully high to me. :cool:

9. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

That is high,you should have pleanty of clearance. The spring work you are talking about is expensive. Very limmited options for my truck. I have heard about 2 different instanceses where Mitsu 4x4 frames got bent because the plow frame was not parrelell to the push frame. Good Luck.......

Gene

10. paponte

paponte Senior Member

It's gonna cost me $400. do do the 2 fronts... re arched, and an extra spring added. How it sits now I am not worried about the plow, but the springs are looking a little flat to me. I am going to throw 2-3 yds of sand in the back, and see if it offsets the front at all. If not I will be doing the spring work. Go to a spring shop and ask them what they think for your truck. There are always other options. :cool: