1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toy!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Guggy, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Guggy

Guggy Junior Member

:waving: Hello again everybody. I ordered a Blizzard 680 for my Jeep Cherokee. It is the lightest plow (350#), but I am concerned about the front suspension sagging. It has coil springs w/ a long stopper bumper inside. This would eliminate the use of an air bag. I don't know where to get air shocks for the front end. Any ideas? :help:

Thanx again...

...Guggy :salute:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Add Timbrens.They go inside the spring and replace the bumpstops.They don't wear out or leak like air shicks do either.

3. Guggy

Guggy Junior Member

????

Thanx Wyldman, but the bumper is attached to a long shaft of body material. This shaft goes down into the coil spring at least half way. Where can I find out if Timbrens are made for the Jeep Cherokee? And get a good price!
    ...Thanx, Guggy :confused:

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

They make them for the Cherokee's,part number JFC01,which fits 84-current models.The bumpstops come out,and the Timbren bolts in place of them.They fit no problem.

Go here to see what they look like and how to install them.

Jeep install instructions

You will need Acrobat reader to view.

I believe RPM sells them here on Plowsite.

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

as a fellow Cherokee plower I definitely recommend a set of TImbrins. My Jeep doesnt have them and sags quite a bit.

Good luck I cant wait to see a pic:)

Jay

6. Guggy

Guggy Junior Member

Timbrens

Thanx much both of you guys. Any ideas where I can get Timbrens at a reasonable price? ;)

...Guggy:sleeping:

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

theres a few guys on this site that sell them. If you pm one of us we can forward you the information

Jay

9. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

RPM sales on this site should have a set for you. They are pretty average as far as pricing. Good Luck:salute:

10. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I installed a Blizzard 680 on a chevy blazer. The sag on the front end was not very much, probably less than one inch if that at all. You should have the plow installed to see if there is a noticable sag before putting the Timbrens on.

Peter

11. wyldman

wyldman Member

Even if the truck doesn't sag when you lift the plow,the Timbrens help in so many other ways,especially on big bumps,they really stiffen up the suspension with the plow on.Makes it easier on the front end too.

Most Jeep Cherokees sag pretty bad with a plow on them,so he will most likely need them.

12. Guggy

Guggy Junior Member

Good morn people... Thank you all for you're help. Timbrens seem to be the way to go. How about some air shocks? How would I find air shocks for the FRONT of my Jeep? I think this would be a cheaper solution. payup Please help an unemployed person.:cry: Thanx again. I am really happy that I found this site. Everybody is so helpful.:) ...Guggy

P.S. GO PACK GO! :yow!:

13. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Shock mounts are not made to support weigh. It's not a good idea, even if they still make them. Stick with the Timbrens

14. wyldman

wyldman Member

Air shocks will work,but I don't think they are much cheaper,and they are a lot less reliable

15. szorno

szorno Senior Member

We had an 86 Jeep Comanche in our fleet for 6 years. I put Airlift airbags in it. NOT airshocks. Aired them up to 50 lbs during winter and dropped them to 20 lbs during the summer. We used a very old Western 6 1/2 ft Standard, (not the small truck plow but one off a Landcruiser) It was almost at heavy as a 7 1/2. The little truck did well. It did eat wheel bearings every couple years though. Check at airlift.com for a dealer. Kinda hard to put in but very effective and lifetime guaranteed. :D