1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sully853, Oct 30, 2010.

1. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

Just got this 7.6 fisher mm2 mounted on my gmc 2500 and i love everythign about it. Truck only squats about a half inch. only problem right now is tires rubbing some times. they are the 285s so im not realy suprised

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

sully looks great....instead of going with the level kit...you can crank up ur t-bars

here is a pic of my truck

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  3. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

nice truck how come you went such small size with the plow.
  4. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

i cranked my t bars up on my 2500hd. definitely helps during plow season with front end height, but your going to lose the ride quality. cracks in the road felt like small potholes, bumps felt like i was running over cinder blocks, and so on. made me crazy. my advice is to go with the leveling kit.
  5. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

your gonna hate how small it is 3/4 tons is an automatic 8 footer
  6. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

nice rig. is a 7.5 blade really too small for a 3/4 ton or is it just extra work??
  7. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

extra work=less$$$
    less work=more$$$
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I have the leveling kit and it still feels like my fillings want to come out when i go over a crack:cry:
  9. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I have the same truck w/285's also. My tires rub a little too, I did a little trimming and it got much better.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks more like 2-3 inches of squat. unless the newer chevys are always raked out like a drag car.
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Why did you only go with a 7.5'?
  12. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

I went with the 7.5 because i was on a budget and it was in great shape so i realy couldnt pass it up. Even without the plow on it the front seams like it is always squatting pretty low I dont know if this is typical of the year or what not but seeing these pictures realy makes me relize how bad i gotta get that front end up. I also have a custom black bear tune on the way so that should help move some snow around. Also looking for some towing mirrors not a big fan of the small ones on my truck now. Would like the OEM ones with the turn signals any suggestions?
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  13. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

you'll wish you got an 8' for that. Look on CL for just a blade. You should be able to find one for around $400. Nice truck.