1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toy Oshkosh snow fighter aka snowzilla

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Xtreme Fab, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Xtreme Fab

Xtreme Fab Junior Member

I finally had a child hood dream come true.:D I bought last friday a 1989 oshkosh snow fighter from the US AIR FORCE. She has no rust, and very low miles at 11,027. She has a 3406 cat and the 3 speed autoshift transmission. Runs great too. Soon as we got her off the flat bed we took her for a spin. She came with a frink roll over plow. But I have a 11' valk butterfly wing plow for her. Got to do some work to her. We are 1st going to paint her orange. Than paint teeth down each engine cover. Then put "SNOWZILLA" across the back of the cab.

So far she is doing a great job as a billboard for our snow plow dealership. Just about every 4-5th vehicle slows down and takes a picture or you can hear people go "oh wow that's cool" But she already has been put on contract with the State of Maryland. Plus I got a few counties that already inquired about her for emergency blizzard work.

If any one around maryland has a fixed V plow forsale, I need one ASAP. The SHA wants me to have one for her.

I do need the hydraulic pump that runs off the front Pto, some one took that off prior to her being sold. I also need a drivers side engine cover.

12088467_1015369408484915_5375076513430959752_n (800x450).jpg

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

That is Bad AssThumbs Up I live less than 1 hour from your shop. I am comin' by to meet Toy Oshkosh in person !!!!

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If its not to personal, what did she cost, and how did ya find it? Darn cool if ya ask me.

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Those roll over plows are cool, saw them in action at the Minneapolis airport.

5. Xtreme Fab

Xtreme Fab Junior Member

Well I got her from a dealer only government surplus. She was under $10,000 with all the fees, and trucking to get her here. Last 6 I have looked at where either stick tranny, rusted to beyond repair, thought it was worth it weight in gold, on the other side of the country, wasn't a dealer so I couldn't bid on it and finally a local one the I made an offer on and the guy said he would think about it, then sold it for $500 more than my offerr:realmad:.

These usually they go for the $15,000 range in this set up. When they have the spreader or with wing plows they start at $25,000. The one I really wanted the dealer was asking $55,000 for which was way over priced. (had all the bells and whistles)

6. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Nice looking

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You bought last Friday?

8. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

May need to put Timbrens on the front (ha ha).

9. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Awesome truck. I am not too familiar with those, but why is the plow on the drivers side? And what is sha and why do they want a fixed v plow on it? Is that for the blizzard conditions only? Seems like the wing plow would offer a lot more versatility.
    Are you putting a spreader on it?

10. Xtreme Fab

Xtreme Fab Junior Member

Its a frink roll over plow. Its basically a reversible one way plow. The whole thing picks up and rolls over 180 degrees. The top of the plow has a 2nd cutting edge for when its plowing the other direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBVSsEh1CHQ video of one working.

SHA - state highway administration

V plow for blizzard use only. Otherwise it will have either the roll over or a 11' high speed butterfly plow.

No spreader, its getting a weight box. Not going to rust it up for no reason.

11. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

How do you know its a "she"?

12. Xtreme Fab

Xtreme Fab Junior Member

All trucks are girls. Didn't you know that. LOL or on another note, its a bad @ss *****. So again its a she.

13. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

No nuts hanging from back bumper.................:mechanic:

14. gassux

gassux Member
    from NY

check new york city DCAS auctions, i usually see a couple of V plows on there and they are pretty well maintained.

15. conifers4

conifers4 Junior Member

more pics please

16. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Subscribed. Awesome truck and very anxious to see it when you're done. You'll have to keep updating this thread as you paint and make progress!

17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Bada$$ wesport

18. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

That thing is wild.

19. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

I'm jealous, I have been looking for a nice Oshkosh blower truck, I can't find anything for less then $30k

20. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I can't wait to see this finished