1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New toy on the lot

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ducaticorse, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Unfortunately it's only on loan to us for the season but what a Cadillac compared to our 753 and 463!! Holy Cow!!! Heat/AC powertach, sat radio, 2 speed etc etc.... Deere 320D

Tony Deere 320D.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. ducaticorse

from we

And Tony doing some welding on the beat MM2...

Tony Welding.jpg

3. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Holy cow! Sat radio!? Awesome - love the deere equipment. How did you get them to loan it out? Is it a demo?

4. ducaticorse

from we

I sub this and one other lot from a larger company due they being way out of range and to my close proximity. I told them it was too much of a PITA to keep having to trailer my cats back and forth to do finish work and load the salters, so they sent me this with a pusher, 8ft snow bucket (which is too big for the machine full) and a dirt bucket for loading salt. Ha! Never hurts to ask I guess!!!

It whips! and the inside is soooo comfy! Ha, Im thinking of putting someone else in my F350, and taking the night off pushing in this thing during the event LOL.

5. scott3430

Damn that sounds like a sweet deal you arranged with them. If I don't buy another plow next fall I was thinking of buying a skid. Instead of 2 trucks - maybe 1 truck + a skid?

I don't like the idea of trailering it around during a storm, so to have a machine on site for the winter sounds nice.

6. ducaticorse

from we

Trailering to more than two locations DURING a storm is a huge PITA. Once the storm is over, and you're doing detail work, it's not as bad. Having a skid has definitely allowed me several awarded contracts in the city over guys with only trucks. The ability to actually remove snow from properties in the city is huge because of the severe lack of parking, and severe fines building owners receive from the city for pushing snow into the street.

7. scott3430

You must be located in a large city. The small towns I generally work in have some decent size areas for pushing and piling up the snow - if we get that much to worry about........:laughing: