1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New toy for the snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stevesmowing, May 13, 2010.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

I just picked up a 2009 bobcat S220 for next winter. It's high flow, 2 speed, cab with heat and A/C and is joystick controlled. I have 40 driveways real close together I can drive the machine there from my shop.

0512000935.jpg

0512001455.jpg

0513000758.jpg

0513000759.jpg

0513000759a.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That will do you good out your way.

3. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Thats a sweet machine!!! Congrats on the purchase! What is the third hydraulic connection for?

4. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Very nice!!!!!!

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Good looking skid. You guys really like blowers up that way don't you?

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That thing has got to be the cats a$$.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That is a sweet set up. I would really like to see a side by side comparison with your blower going against the same machine with a large (1 Yd. cap.) snow bucket. I think the bucket will do it faster, cleaner and use less fuel. What do you think? I've never used that high flow blower so I'm not sure how fast on say a 4-5" snowfall?

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

For what he's using it on, and assuming he's in an area that get's huge amounts of snow yearly, I think the blower would win, especially when considered over the course of a season. If they get 100+" of snow per year, he's only touching the snow once as opposed to several re-locates with a bucket.

Nice combo, should work great for what you're trying to accomplish. The only problem I can see is that you're going to want more work for it to fill your route. :salute:

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

There are 4 connections - 2 hyd, 1 relief, & an elec. The elec. I would assume is what controls the chute..?..?

BTW, very nice setup Steve!! Good choice going with the SJC...I am on my 2nd machine with them, and will never go back. Congrats!! Should make you lots of $$$$.

10. WIPensFan

Then again, a hidden newspaper, kids toy, or extension cords for outdoor lights can ruin your day!

11. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

I know a guy that ran over a kids big wheel toy. No damage to the machine. His only thought was I hope there wasn't a kid on it as it spit out the pieces. I'll have to get some videos and pictures once it snows next winter.

I believe I will be able to get a lot of contracts because of how nice it will leave the driveways looking. Nice crisp edges with no huge piles of snow. No driving over the lawn for pushing piles should mean little to no lawn damage.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I doubt that the machine would notice plastic kids toys and a newspaper would be instant confetti. An electrical cord would just need to be cut out of it with side cutters.

13. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

Rocks shooting into glass and siding...

14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking machine, should clean driveways in no time.

15. WIPensFan

Newspapers are a ***** on snowblowers. It's not instant confetti. It's instant swearing!

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I know on smaller walk behind blowers newspapers suck. I'd assume on a larger one it wouldn't be much of a problem. The 3pt blower on a family friends 85+hp tractor made short work of their newspaper 2 winters ago.

17. WIPensFan

Maybe we should just ask him to put a Sunday paper through it so we can see what happens!?!:laughing:

18. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

a sunday new york times is the only real test of a snowblower

19. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Let me know how that blower works for you.I have one on mine and am very undecided on it. It's nice for cleaning up but didn't seem to work as good as I had planned for snow removal. Not sure if my expectations were too high or if I have something wrong with the machine or blower. I also Have a set of tire chains for sale from my machine, they are have not been used.

20. WIPensFan

Why are you undecided on it? Say what you don't think worked as you thought it would. I'm interested to know why. Thanks.