1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Toro 721e 38742 purchased today! 1st impressions...and a question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 18lmslcsr, Nov 2, 2014.

1. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

This is a brand new unit added to the fleet for the pending season 2014-15.

I'm basing my observations for this review on owing several other single stage machines.
    At this time we currently run 2 - 3650 Rtek 20"
    units and 2 - Husqvarna / Poulan 621 208cc units.
    The 3650 Rtek 20" are some of the nicest snow blowers we've every used to date and have been in service since 2001 and 2003. They are both well maintained and still operating efficiently. The 3650 Rtek is smoother and quieter running.

The Husqvarna / Poulan 208cc are 2011 acquisitions and have run awesome and only needed basic maintenance, albeit some welding was necessary at the end of last season 2013-14.

Now on to the 1st impressions of the 721e.
    Have yet to use machine to move snow, so can not advice on this but will update!

Smooth running but a little clunky starting.
    The pull rope mitten string and handle are oddly located. The choke is tough to reach but not impossible. I can only imagine starting with mittens on. The products and materials are lesser quality compared to the 3650 units. The engine seems to be smooth but the vibration of the bale control is ridiculous.

Does anyone have a tip to quiet this noisy handle?:mechanic:

18lmslcsr...

2. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the review,looking forward to reading more when you get some snow.