1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tornado starts on It's Own

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NSDOT, Dec 21, 2009.

1. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

Our new tornado starts all by it's self, anyone see this happen? I guess it must be the controller?? Thanks.....FMK

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW ! cool that way you can keep both hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 :laughing::laughing:

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

That would SUCK if it was hard wired to the battery, though! Could you imagine coming in to your shop sometime, and seeing this horseshoe shaped pile of salt scattered out behind the truck?:eek::realmad:

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the new "it reads your mind" feature exclusive to Douglas Dynamics. There are still a few bugs to be worked out:laughing:

I would think it's the controller, but it could be the module on the spreader. You said it's new, I would call your dealer.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Like the other guy having multiple issues on these they are a POS!!!!!!!!

6. michaelo2790

michaelo2790 Member
    from chicago

My Two Tornados have been great, including my first generation. The only pos i have ever had problems was a new Tymco I bought in 06 and traded it fo a scwarze that same year

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure that guy had one issue....

8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Guys I'm joking RELAX!!!! The other guy has had #2 issues, hence the THREAD: TORNADO ISSUE #2. It is the unfortunate side of having new or older stuff in the snow business, unfortunately both of the folks having issues have brand new units...I'd personally be screaming warranty, warranty, warranty!!!! Best of luck to you!

9. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

Oh it with definately be a dealer issue, I was just curious if anyone else was seeing this problem, otherwise it works very well...

10. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

New module from dealer fixed it. Problem with the female plug breaking from the circuit board on the controller, anyone else? Dealer is sending a new one , hope they will cover it!