1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tornado Spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hysert, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

hey Gents, Just installed my new tornado in about 2hrs easy plug and play, Wasn't going to buy one this year but I found it on clearence and saved almost $2000..... Love the idea of NO MORE BAGS..... Anything to watch out for please reply.... heres a few pics... I'll be out tonight with it and I'll let you all know what I think soon!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice spreader, have fun with it.

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Im guessing thats the 1.8cubic yard salter? Im liking the ghetto floor mat reflector! LOL

4. Hysert

It's actually 1.5 which is good for me and yes that mat had a hole in it which would no long keep water off my floor so now it's still earning its keep LOL:laughing:

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

If I get into salting thats the spreader I am buying.

6. DobbinsINC

DobbinsINC Member

nice salter, would like to hear how u make out w it

7. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I heard a lot of things about that spreader and think your rubber deflector(floor mat) is priceless! What ever it takes to get the job done.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think they are decent units overall. There seems to be some issues with the spinner motors, all taken care of under warranty. Someone else here had some issues with the bearings at the front of the bed chain. Maybe xtreeme3d ? Just give the unit a good going over and make sure all the bolts are tight.

Do a search for Tornado, PolyCaster, IceChaser. Plenty of reading.

They are all the same unit, different colors/stickers. They should offer the gray one with Fisher stickers for the guys running SS X or XV blades.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  9. EXCAVATIONLAND

EXCAVATIONLAND Junior Member

thats a nice spreader . how durable is it so far . any problems with it .

10. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Nice i just picked up a 1,8 yarder today.

11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice! I hope to Get a bulk spreader for next season! Goodluck!

12. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Good lookin spreader. I am sure you will love it !

13. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

We've had very good luck with our new 1.8, other than the querk of turning on by it's self occasionally. That is being addressed by the dealer.

14. Mackman

from S.E. PA

You know how they fix the turn on by itself problem???

15. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

My dealer plans to replace the module that's located in the rear of the spreader, the one to the left of the chain as you face the spreader.

16. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Post up a pic of your truck with the spreader.

17. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I will once i put it on. Im putting it on right NOW. I just stop for min to check this thread. Too see if the problem was install related or not before i start the wiring. Give me like 5-6 hours i will have Pics and a Video. :drinkup:

18. 2500hdFisher

2500hdFisher Member

we got the fisher version on our new dodge its nice how the spinner comes right off

19. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I really like how they changed the doors on the new versions so that they dont hit the side/top of the bed rails. Apparently that spinner shield is pretty heavy but other then that they look great. Friend who has one says it throws salt farther then the previous versions. I have 2 of the previous version. The one has about 300 ton run thru it.

20. Hysert

Hey guys here's my thoughts. spreades nice vary smooth, the conveyor motor is alittle loud, guess thats expected it's huge in size bigger the my plow motors, only thing I need to add is some more deflectors to keep the spray off the lights and the back of the truck, nothing a few pop rivits and thin aluminum can't fix, whitch I'll be fabbing this week... Just had a baby boy yesterday so things are busy.....wesport:sleeping: I'll post more pics after my mild modifcation are done.