1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tonneau Cover with Backrack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by metallihockey88, Mar 23, 2010.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

well, after getting the rails for my Bakflip tonneau cover 2 weeks ago, the rest of the cover finally arrived today :dizzy: dont ask me how that works cause im still tryin to figure that one out. but anyway, its a pretty decent cover. went together pretty easy, instructions are useless but its pretty self explanitory. only tool you need for the whole job is a 5/8 ratchet. got it all done in about 1hr 15min. i was told you cant use it with a backrack by many people but figured what the hell, ill give it a try, sure looked like it would work. very minimal mods and it fits perfect with no problem at all. all you have to do is trim about 1in off the plates that go over the rails for the backrack, trim a piece on the last fold of the cover to make it lean back a little further and move the holding post brakets up an inch. the fit and finish was pretty good, not perfect but think it will work just fine for me. definately made for a better day after slicing the hell outta my finger workin on my trailer this afternoon, another story for another day :blush2: and yes those are footprints on it, says it will easily hold 200lbs, im at 220 right now and wouldnt walk on it unless necessary, held me but didnt like it much.

cover 1.JPG

cover 2.JPG

cover 3.JPG

cover 4.JPG

2. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Looks good, are you going to mount lights on the back rack?

3. metallihockey88

Have lights on there and took my amber down the other day. Got it cause I like the look but definately utilize its light mounting abilities

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

quick question, since those panels look modular, could this cover work with a tool box?

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

From what I heard Back Rack came out with brackets that now work with tonneau covers.

6. metallihockey88

That's a good idea on their part but wonder how you connect when bedrails are completely covered on most covers. the only reason I chose that cover was the fact that it only sticks about 1/2in over the bedrails so let's you still use stake pockets which still allows for a ladder rack or backrack

7. metallihockey88

I know someone makes a retractable cover for toolboxes. I'm not sure about modding the cover as the locking system for the panels is inside the panels so cutting or removing a section might be tricky to keep it working right. The Bak site shows how it all works so might give ya an idea

8. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Pro Touch I Think They make a Custom Cover for that. But Im not that sure.

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks sharp. Good Job.

10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

once againnice looking job, you getting into landscaping this year?

11. metallihockey88

Tryin to since ill probably be outta work til next summer I think

12. the new boss 92

nice dude well good luck to you and hope you have a great summer!

13. metallihockey88

I think it'll be good. Been lucky and pickin up a lot of side jobs. And while most unemployed chumps are saving money I just bought a jetski lol I'm a financial ******. Ill be in debt forever but at least I'm gonna enjoy myself

14. the new boss 92

:laughing: now thats just funny, maybe when your out on the lake you can find a good looking girl to fulfill your needs! lol

15. metallihockey88

Precisely why I bought a jetski lol

16. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good! I like the hard cover better, seems to be more durable. Next picture should be of the girl your gonna pick up, on your jet-ski, laying on the cover!

17. the new boss 92

18. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Everything looks awesome except the sticker on the back window.....

sox suck 2.jpg

barrett punch.jpeg

19. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

A.J. walked away like he never even got hit. Pretty sad punch! LOL!!!!!

20. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Thats because he was so delirious, he had no idea what was going on!!:dizzy::dizzy::drinkup: