1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to western what to carry on the truck ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blk90s13, Nov 16, 2014.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

What do you carry on the truck for a western on the go repairs ? I owned meyers and I always had a spare pump quick connects and lights haha

What should I bring with me running a uni mount and an ultra mount on on each truck

2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

following...

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

"running a uni mount and an ultra mount on on each truck" Running both uni and ultra on the same trucks? How does that work???

As far as spare parts go there are emergency parts kits available from Western for ultras, hoses, motor relay, pins and trip springs are included.

Personally I keep spare lift chain too but I have never done repairs on the side of the road. The great thing about Westerns is that you can just drive it into a snow pile and then high chain it so you can drive it to a warm shop where you keep parts.

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Spare controller....thst's the only thing that's ever gone bad on me. I just do personal plowing though. Carry one long extra hose and fluid too.