1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to us whelen 9000 lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jan 28, 2008.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

here is the lightbar we just picked up from a member on here, its an awesome light, last storm my brother was backing out of a blind drive and almost got t-boned by a lady in a lexus SUV, she was flying and almost lost control to miss him, so we decided it was time for a lightbar, lol
    here are some pics of it on the truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a few night time videos.
    with the 4 55watt lights on in the back
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1NAtoEMFLnQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1NAtoEMFLnQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    and without the 55 watt lights on.
    [​IMG]

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I was watching the thread that the bar was for sale in. You got a heck of a deal. I think it would look better on my truck, but makes your brother's look pretty good.:drinkup:

3. THEGOLDPRO

hahhaah i know the guy we bought it from is a great guy, we got the lightbar, with a full set of replacement lenses, two more random beacon strobes, a whelen hide-a-way kit for my blue ram, and a free backrack he had laying around,l for 200 bucks, i cant complain :)

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

WOW sweet deal

5. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Nice, you made out like a bandit! I was watching that thread too.

Having lights on the truck takes a little bit of stress of your back knowing that you can be seen and people won't come flying around the corner wondering what your doing sideways in the middle of the street when your backing out of a parking lot or driveway.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have that exact bar without the takedowns. They are great bright bars arent they?? I wish I would have went to a full bar a few years ago. Looks real nice on the truck!!!:drinkup: When you putting one on your truck?

7. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Trucks looks pretty good considering it was T boned.

8. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Good deal................:waving:

9. THEGOLDPRO

hahah thanks to you! im instaling the backrack tomorrow, got all the pieces i need to fab up a mount for it.

And Mystic:
    it was ALMOST t-boned, thats why we wanted the lightbar, lol this way there wont be any questions on weather or not a truck is out around the corner plowing a driveway.

Sydenstricker
    we have thought about another one, we have been searching ebay for a good cheap one for the blue truck. :)

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I hate you!!!!;)

11. THEGOLDPRO

lol most people do :)

12. THEGOLDPRO

heres the free backrack, not cleaned up yet, it was stored outside, im gonna fab the mounts with the stuff you see pictured with it, clean it all up and spray it black to make it look nice.
    [​IMG]

13. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

did you guys install it yourself .. or pay to have it done ... great job either way ...i have the same bar but 12 heads and duplex alleys w/ rear flasher up for sale ... good pics !

14. THEGOLDPRO

did it our selves, this was a fairly easy install, hardest part was running the power wires upto the battery, tried to hide the wires as much as we could and i think we did a good job at it. also thank you.

on a side note what did you want for your bar, and do you have pics of it?

15. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

16. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Quick question, what is the length of the bar? It fits the truck well.

I also have a Ram and am thinking about a project bar using a Whelen Edge Frame.

17. THEGOLDPRO

i believe its 52 inches, didnt measure it but thats what the guy said it was when we bought it, lol

18. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

52" or 55" don't remember. I see some 48" - they do not look as good on full size pickups and the towmans edge is toooooo long @ 60". Try to find the 52 or 55" on ebay.

19. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Thanks for the links :waving:- wonder if that will fit on my Kubota........:nod:

20. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

did you have to drill through the roof .... excellent job ... ive always hated to mount bars like that to the roof . in fear of messin sumtin up ....

$400 for controller and bar .. all amber ..... i have a pic in the ( market place) forum gotta go track it down ..