1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to us float tractor and trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here are some pics of a used float tractor and trailer we just purchased. It's a 53 ton King float, 10 ft wide with a 25 ft deck. Combined the truck and trailer are good for just over 108,000 lbs in Ontario. We used it for the first time today and we sure put it to a good test with our 988 B 100,000 lbs. We still need to paint the hood and some other tlc. We had it in our local shop for a safety and it barely fit. His shop is 80 ft long and the truck and float is 77ft.

jccjan21 006.jpg

jccjan21 007.jpg

jccjan21 008.jpg

jccjan21 009.jpg

jccjan21 011.jpg
  2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

holy chit, that's huuuuuuuge. can I borrow it?
  3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here are some more pics.

jccjan21 012.jpg

jccjan21 016.jpg

jccjan21 017.jpg

jccjan21 020.jpg
  4. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice combo. that'll be a real asset to ya... that tractors got quite a spread on the tandums eh
  5. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

looks like an old Anderson Haulage combo....nice acquisition. How many miles on the Eagle?
  6. pusher21

pusher21 Member

Whats the eagle running for a power plant?
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, I hope it give you years of trouble free service.
  8. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I can't imagine that chains will hold that size loader down.

That would be a great driveway plow rig. 77 feet long plus plow.
  9. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

c'mon man u cant put a sweet rig like that on here with out at least putting up the specs curious minds wanna knowussmileyflag
  10. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

680,000 kms. It's not the original engine though.
  11. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

500 detroit. It's out first Detroit. Pretty much all of our other trucks have CAT engines except for out two new 2010 paystars that we ordered with cummins. I hope the detroit worls for us.
  12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

18 K front axle, 20 k airlift, 23 K drives, 18 spd, The float has a 4th pin on axle and a flip gooseneck.
  13. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

It's a canadian spread :p

Nice rig. I think you'll love that detroit. We love ours
  14. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

yup. we need them that way, so only one axle drops in the potholes at a time...... tymusic
  15. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking setup there, I to hope you get a lot of service out of it.

On another note looks like you guy's are lacking some snow as well.
  16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Yeah it's probably been a record low snowfall amount for us. 2 hours south east of us has about 1 to 2 feet more than us
  17. Art Beach

Art Beach Junior Member

nice looking set up, what year is that eagle, what color are you going to paint it, black would look good and a little polish on the rear fenders, fuel tank and visor and that would really look sweet, you will have to post some pic's when it is finished
  18. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Looks like you been working in a gold mine or something!
  19. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

It's a 1999 Eagle. I think we are going to match the blue off the tractor for $$$ reasons but I have to agree black would be nice.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  20. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The gold mine stint is all done now. We had just picked up our 988 a few days ago. I hope we get some more work like that in the future. In December we ran 10 - 24 hr shifts and moved about 90,000 tonnes of ore. My body is sure happy now that the job is done. Maybe if we don't get any snow again next winter we will look for some rock to move to keep us out of trouble.