1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to this

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nailgun, Feb 24, 2010.

1. nailgun

nailgun Junior Member

i have a polaris sportsman 500 maybe 2001. ( My brother in law actually owns this but since his divorce it is being stored at my house and he is letting me use it ) he has a plow on it slightly wider than the atv which he bought from the dealer. Currently i have to use this manual handle to lift the blade. hate this, my arm is sore from doing that for an hour or so. He has a winch and was thinking of hooking that up to it if i could move the control for the winch to where i could reach it. Currently he has it mounted on the front rack.
    Have been reading some posts and had a question about battery. Seems like alot of folks keep plugging the battery in to a charger after each use. Doesn't it charge itself while your using it ? I have been usilng his for like a week steady lately and never charged it between uses. Also it sat maybe 3 months without being used and started up. Am i missing something here?
    And what do you guys think about the winch vs. manual idea ?

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yup use the winch,maybe a different switch will be better, and i never charge my batt, its the original even 03 lol