1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to this site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Pfunk, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Pfunk

Pfunk Junior Member

Hello everyone,

I have been plowing and salting for a few years now, but this is the first year I actually own my full setup (truck, plow, salter). December has been pretty good, but the last 2 weeks have been almost dead. In fact it's almost 40 degrees out right now and it's raining.

I was just wondering, what are some good ideas to earn some extra $$ during down time?

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Open a car wash?

3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Sign everyone up on a seasonal price so you don;t have to worry! then you can sleep, work on trucks, party, sleep

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Work on offering lawn mowing during the warm months

5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^^^^^^ JK.

How about shovel roofs, or repair roof ice damage?

6. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

advertise for hauling with your truck and trailers,also work on summer accounts

7. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I do handyman type work for my current landscaping and plowing customers. I don't really do it because I need the extra money, though. More to build a better relationship with my customers and to get me out of the house so I don't go insane.

8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Good time to go touch up those half melted piles that are hanging out all over the lots & taking up valuable real estate. When management sticks it's head out thinking wtf is he doing...that's a good time to stop in & say "hello, how's everything going so far this season". If their seasonal, it's a good way to diffuse any resentment about all that free money their paying you. If they invite you in for coffee, accept it. You have now opened up the door to discuss with them any other services you may have to offer...just don't throw up on them & keep the convo light. If all goes well, you may have just put some insurance on next years contract...and any preexisting resentment should hopefully be gone.

9. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]