1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to this question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by careiter, Nov 30, 2012.

1. careiter

careiter Junior Member

I will be doing a couple small lots and a driveway for my mother inlaw. She has a 2006 ford f-250 with a boss 7ft 6 in straight blade (standard duty) and the handheld controller.
    I got the plow on this week and playing with the controller i was surprised how rough it was especially side to side. What i mean is i would just touch the controller and it would just jump and slam to stop shaking whole truck Is this normal at all seems like this will beat truck to death. I was expecting the blade to move slower and smoother
    Thanks for any comments, suggestions ect
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Normal, Boss plows are one of the fastest out there. Just hold the button until you get the angle you want. Sounds like your screwing with it to much.
  3. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Yeah Thats completely normal... Like EarthScapes said, Dont "Pulse" the control or tap the buttons repetitively. When changing directions just hold it all the way down.

I've had over 50 trucks from Pickups fords and GMC's 250(0)'s -550(0)'s to Isuzu 2500's<<<<Cabovers (By far the worse when it comes to cab "shakage"

The bigger your truck the less it shakes! So there, Let that be your goal! Get a lot of accounts so you can upgrade to a Big truck. We have a 4500 and 5500 and those trucks barely shake.