1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the Snow Plow business and looking for advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KentuckyPlower, Jun 1, 2012.

1. KentuckyPlower

KentuckyPlower Junior Member

Live in Kentucky and new to snow and ice management. Dont know alot about the brands but here are my choices in this area, Boss, Meyer, and Snoway. If you had to choose between the 3, which would you choose and why. Thanks guys!

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

All three have their good and bad points, probably choose which ever dealer I felt most comfortable with.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss V plow. You can now lock this thread down!;)

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Vees aren't as applicable in that area, Snoway Revolution series either the Revolution 9'1", 8'10" 29R, or 8' 26R depending on vehicle.;)

That is of course if you feel the dealer can service your needs.

5. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

I always suggest going with a plow that the dealer gives you the best support. When you have a problem it mostly comes down to dealer support!

That is my 2cents and 25 plus years of experience.

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

What kind of truck?

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Advise:
    1 )Get good insurance
    2) Don't depend on "income" from plowing
    3) get out of the business while you still can

really though its not so much about the brand of plow but more about dealer support. What brand has the best dealer? Someday something will go wrong and if the dealer is not there when you need it most what good is the plow....

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If you believe that grown men shouldn't cry,avoid this business. :cry:

9. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Have a good backup plan. Sup for a few years. Having a plow and a truck does not make you good at plowing. Learn how to plow. And slowly get afew accounts. And try not to spread yourself. It's not what will break. But when it break at 3 a.m. who do you call. How do I finish. How much is it going to cost me to fix and how fast can it be done. Just my. ¢2

I love my Z

10. Willybak

Willybak Junior Member

Great Advice guys... thanks. Anyone in Alaska?

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic