1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the snow business need help? What??

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mtchockey30, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Hey like the title says i'm new to the snow.. To start with the I have a 2004 Ford 250 Diesel. I have some accounts that I have to take care of this winter and that means I need a plow minimum.. spreader possibly.. I need to know what kind of plow should I get? V, Strait, etc. brands maybe you prefer. Thanks for any help!! And Please Help!

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I think if you spend a little time reading the various posts on this site you will come to your own conclusions.....Welcome to the world of snowplowing and best of luck to the start of your business.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm assuming that your plowing parking lots because you need a spreader. Try for a Boss V plow.

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Don't do it too many headaches.

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

You kind of left a lot of unanswered questions! If you fill us in with more details of the type of accounts etc. we can help more, but the more you read here the more you will learn!!

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Grab a cup of coffee and comfy chair. You have a lot of searching and reading to do.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

buy fisher plows air flo sanders

8. cornerstone

cornerstone Member

If you need a spreader

I'm putting my SaltDogg spreader up for sale. Being you're in Mo. it may be a good deal for you if you want to pick up and not ship. 1.5 model fits in short beds, only used twice. Approx. 12 tons sand through it. $3000.00 Had it in my 99 F-250 short bed. Contract over with and I'm out.

9. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

i have meyers fisher and westerns i like my westerns best ask banksy bought one from him drove 23 hrs round trip for it

10. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Yeah I will be plowing parking lots for business's and possibly some town homes. I am still up in the air on what style blade? What do you guys think about the blizzard speedwing??

11. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

ok i guess their are alot of guys on here using them i have friend that had one with ext wing worked nice and i think western bought them out last year i think not sure