1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by norb5150, Oct 3, 2015.

1. norb5150

norb5150 Junior Member

Hello everyone I'm Norb. I looked for an introduction thread could not find one so I figured this could be a good place to start. I'm not new to snow plowing however I am new to owning my own set-up. I worked for a couple landscape companies previously and during the winter months would plow mostly commercial lot's. I have a 07 Dodge 2500 5.7 and decided to put a plow on it. After some research and building a budget I settled on a SnowDogg HD75. I am going to be plowing a few commercial accounts for a friend who is in the business as well as pulling a few driveways and sidewalk maintenance. If this season works out with a little bit of profit, maybe I'll jump further into it. We will see as time rolls on. IMHO plowing snow here in Erie is tough because there is a lot of companies competing for a relatively small area. Hence why subbing sounds good to me.

2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to sight, be ready to laugh and maybe be laughed at.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

5150, someone call the popo.....

:waving:

Are you plowing for him as a employee or a subcontractor?

4. norb5150

norb5150 Junior Member

SnoFarmer, I'm plowing for him as an employee so to speak. We do not have any written agreement as to a contract to plow for him. Due to my full time job, I cannot do all the 3rd shift plowing he wants me to do to subcon so He's just paying me a fair hourly rate for a few of his smaller lots. Each one should take less then 30min w 2-5" snowfall. Then again, I drive a Dodge so add a few minutes to that:mechanic:

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

cool, so you will be listed on his Insurance, or will you be paying for you own insurance as a subcontractor, so to speak.

(you will need commercial ins as a sub,with snowplowing listed on the INS papers.)

Will you be doing enough work to pay for this?

6. norb5150

norb5150 Junior Member

I'm listed on his to cover the commercial properties I will be plowing.