1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Plow Nuts, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

I am from South Jersey and I think this site is awesome. My brother in law and I have been plowing for about 3 years now for ourselves and the information on here is invaluable. We ran his 01 3500 dually 4x4 for a few years but got so much business that we needed a second truck. I have 3 collector cars and like bringing things back from the dead so we picked up a 73 ford f350 dump truck for 700$. Invested alow of time very saturday night over a few bears, got an old meyers 7.5 blade and e46 set up, made a plow bracket out of 2" square tubing, wired it all up, and now have a really good running and driving truck for under 1700$. This thing has been through 3 storms so far and has not skipped a beat. We had a 95 F350 dump with a western 8.5 blade and it was a great truck--4 wheel drive and all. It sat all spring and summer so we ended up selling it. Hopefully we will get another like it sometime soon. Did I mention this site is awesome!!!

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a pretty nice truck. You should post some pictures of it. You should put atleast an 8' plow on it IMO.

3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

pix please

4. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

before pics

this is the truck the day we bought it. I will take some pics tonight of the finished product. We put floors in it, cab mounts, new seat from a 96 f250 with arm rest, newer tires, shocks, fixed all the gauges, cd player, lites, bolted the fenders on with all the needed bolts not just 3 holding each on, newer carpet, exhaust, belts, full tune up. The cab rust repair took the longest as the floors were almost non existent and the front cab mounts were gone. We painted the cab and got rid of the wheels and tires on it as they had tubes and bias ply tires.

dump truck.jpg

dump truck 2.jpg

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

For a 1973 that thing is in wicked good shape.

6. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

It had a 2 year old jasper rebuilt motor than ran well, the dump worked--that is all I was concerned about--the rest we fixed. It was quite a experience driving it home with no floors and 2 broken front shocks not to mention the tires well past the secondary rubber

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

sweet truck

8. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Thats a sweet looking truck you have, can't wait to see the new pic's

9. JUNKYARD

JUNKYARD Junior Member

I hope one of you older plowers can give me advice. I am trying to get my self off disability as i have uclers on my feet from diabetes. So i am thinking plowing and landscape work i can handle. Money is tight so my question to you guyes is what is the best plow with the lwast amount of problems and can any one rcomend a good insurance company i live in the sue me state of new jersey. I own a towing business for 24 years and was very successful at it with 25 trucks on the road. But now i am going into a field that i know nothing about i am looking to start small doing driveways and small lots i have gotten quotes from $3000.00 for the year to $10,000.00 for 6 months. I am a one man show on the landscaping end it will be pesticides and fertizilation work with hard scape work.
    Lost in the snow
    junkyard