1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site. My Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hardwoodcd, Jan 2, 2011.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Hey Everyone. My Name is Casey and this is my 3rd year plowing snow. I upgraded my truck this year. Here is the only pic I have so far. 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 QC/SB Cummins 8'2" Boss VXT. Let me know what you think. I would also like some feedback as to if I should do something to the front end? Timbrens? This is not my expertice so let me know what you think.

dodge.jpg

2. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

very nice got any more pics of it ..

3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

i would just get some type of leveling kit to lift up the front a little bit....your truck isnt bad though, i just hate seeing guys with plow on to the point where the A-frame is 1inch off the ground! but i dont think you need those unless you wanna lift the truck up like 5" (Which it doesnt need to be)

here is timbrens pic
    [​IMG]

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

timbrens do NOT raise the truck like people think. they would be a good addition to his truck however I would still add a 1.5-2" leveling kit.

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I would put 600 - 800 pounds in the back behind the rear wheels and see how it sits and then decide if timbrens are needed. I like timbrens as long as they don't touch the frame without the plow, if they do your ride will be greatly compromised. Just my opinion. Great looking setup btw.

6. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck you have there!

7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Set-up looks sweet but needs a lightbar

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely some ballast and maybe some spacers. They are cheap and easy to install. I got mine from ebay for $55 shipped- 2.5" spacers.

9. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

2" leveling kit for sure- truck will sit level without plow and will sit factory rake or better with plow and no compromise in ride quality. The Timbrens are a great band-aid but do not fix the real issue! If the Timbrens are doing their job then the truck will ride rougher. They are basically an extended bumpstop and greatly hinder the ability of suspension movement. The leveling kit will ride exactly as the truck does now. By far the best choice. I would not even consider Timbrens. They do what they are supposed to do, they keep the plow frame off of the ground. But they don't let you keep a nice ride quality. Leveling kit will do both AND make the truck sit level when the plow is off of the truck (looks better, clears bigger tires, etc)

10. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

You should have bought a FORD!! :laughing:

Nice set up. Good luck and welcome. :drinkup:

11. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I used overload shocks (the ones with springs around them) on the front of a Grand Wagoneer to solve that problem, worked like a charm for about 100 bucks!

But it does not look like your truck is sagging that much, unless it does not preform or your damamging something, I would not bother with it..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  12. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

id say leveling kit and some ballast weight

13. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Timbern, Were we make your tires Transparent!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

:)

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why buy a Ford when he's running the best diesel ever placed in a pickup truck? Plus it holds the plow fine even with that heavy diesel under the hood. Ballast will make a world of difference on its own.

15. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

[QUOTE
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

And where they can't spell timbren correctly!

16. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

And where they can't spell timbren correctly![/QUOTE]

Dislexia and that great Kentucky Ed-u-cation to thank for that :)

17. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

It's not just you. It's in the ad that way.

18. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Light bar just not installed yet

19. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Driving a DODGE must be a good Guy is what we say around here :)
    Nice truck!

20. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I also already have 700lb in the back. leaning towards the leveling kit if anything at all. love the feedback. keep it coming. Thanks, Casey