1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site. My new Plow Truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ant118, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

New to the site. Only have 2 seasons under my belt. Finally decided to buy my own truck. Picked up a 2001 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Has a 7'6 Western Unimount. Also putting on my tailgate mounted SnowEx Salter. The tires on the truck are wrong, too wide but not going to spend the money now to get proper tires. But got some contracts so im im happy for now on my first season with the new rig. Any suggestions would be great.

[​IMG]

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The truck and plow look great. Looks like you have a little project for the off season by refurbishing the plow. Other then that she looks like a money maker. Good Luck this season and welcome to plowsite.

3. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

ya the plow has seen better days. But this summer im planning on sandblasting it, put a fresh coat of paint, and put a new cutting edge. The pump is new, and works great. Thanks for the welcome.

4. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Love the truck, redo the plow and you will have a sweet rig come next season!!

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Nive looking truck. How are you likeing the Duramax?

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

welcome to plowsite. nice truck goodluck this winter

7. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Honestly im loving the Duramax. Had a 05 F-350 Dually with the 6.0L Powerstroke. I hated the powerstroke. Had to replace the motor at 60k. No complaints.

8. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Congrats and welcome to plowsite! Good luck with you're own set-up!

9. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite, good luck with the truck!

10. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Thanks guys. Seems like most of the members on here are in the US. Hows the weather down there.

11. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

good looking truck man,.

12. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

maybe a headache rack and light bar?

13. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

That's my next move. Looking to put on a backrack with a light bar.

14. gffd

gffd Junior Member

go to uniformwarehouse.com for a light bar. u will save $ nice minis that plug into your cig lighter.