1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site from New Haven, NY

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lifted4x4Astro, May 13, 2008.

1. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Just found and joined up here and am glad to see so much info available. Been plowing snow since 1999 here just outside of Oswego, NY but I never used a conventional plow setup. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

This plow is a Snowbear personal plow that I converted to hydraulic lift and run off a dedicated hydraulic pump. this has worked awesome for many years but I can't angle (can be done manually though) and I can't stack snow very high.

Well, the time has come to upgrade plows. I had bought a 2003 Ram 2500 4x4 last summer for towing the camper and a couple weeks ago found a nice Fisher EZ-V 8.5' plow on Craigslist. The price seemed to be really good. My wife and I picked it up last night and I am extremely happy with it. I am definitely looking forward to plowing this winter. Not too bad for $1400. It was mounted to a Ram 2500 and included the Fishstick controller.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

dam I wish I seen that on craigslist. I would have bought the thing instantly and replaced my 8ft straight blade.
  3. Lifted4x4Astro

That's kinda what I was thinking when I saw the ad! :D I figured it would have been gone since the ad was 2 weeks old!
  4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

wow lol. i wish i seen it.
  5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice set up dude you still running the astro since paragon is now closed? good to see ya on this site man welcome aboard
  6. Lifted4x4Astro

Thanks and currently the Astro is basically a lawn ornament! With the purchase of the Fisher plow, I will be selling the Astro since it no longer does DD duties or even snow removal!
  7. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Welcome to the site. I bet you turn a lot of heads plowing with an Astro. You got a killer deal on the Fisher IMO.
  8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to plowsite!:drinkup: Nice trucks, i also like to try out the fisher v!