1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site / business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by vallz, Jan 28, 2014.

1. vallz

vallz Junior Member
    from Kansas

Hey Everyone,

This is my first year of snow removal. I have a full service lawn care business and this year I had enough of my customers ask if i could manage and treat there residential properties for snow and ice. We have only had 2 decent snows here in Kansas and I was able to go out and was able to make back all the money I spent for snow removal equipment, which I was pretty excited about doing!!!

A question I have for anyone with experience, is that when I used my snow blowers to clear the drive way was I found that the some snow escape around the snow blower or the wind blew some back on the drive. I found myself going back over the entire drive to clear what snow got back on the drive, which ended up costing me valuable time as it is only me and with a home depot size shovel.

I've research wide and commercial shovels and found ones like the snowcaster, snowpusherlite and the Northern tool+equipment shovels.

Does anyone have experience with any of these or have one they would recommend? I would appreciate the input and any advice / tips as I am just getting into this business.

2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member