1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the site and Sno-Way plows!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Kevin97Tahoe, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Hey guys!

I have been on here with a different name for a while but after some trouble logging in with it I just decided to make a new one.

At any rate I just got rid of my SnowBear (I know I know) and picked up a Sno-Way Predator for a killer price.

We installed it last Sunday and the harness for the plow itself was a simple. The problem we got into was with the lights. I have it on my 97 Tahoe 1500. We could not get the low beams to work on the truck when the harness was not connected to the plow. We were only able to get it to work with the high beams. So basically when I disconnect the plow lights my high beams come on. When we put on the low beams we get nothing.

We are following the directions for the installation off the Sno-Way website but are still having trouble.

Any ideas? We were really stumped as to wear to tap the brown wire.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The brown wire would tap into the park lamp wire on the driver's side of the vehicle.

What headlamp connectors do you have on the truck? Are you using an adapter harness? If so which one?

3. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

I am at work right now but I am having my buddy check on that.

I can explain it though. It has a total of 6 connectors and three wires (two yellow and one brown). Two for each low beam and two for each high beam. Then we have the two that go to the stock harness.

It seems like it would be cut and dry- Yellow going to each blinker and the brown going to the park but no matter what combo we would do it wasnt working.

So the way we have it now when I turn on my lights we get park and nothing else. I hit the high beams and tada we have plow lights. That isnt correct right?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  4. toby4492

No this is not how it should operate. Let me know when you have additional information on the headlamp connectors and potential adapters you are using. Yes the yellow wires splice into the turn signals and the brown to the park lamp. Are you sure that the relay is wired correctly?

5. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

See my thinking is that it was the relay but when I looked at it it seemed correct.

We have the same harness from these directions:

http://www.snoway.com/service/LightKits/97100352c.pdf

Do you have a link to the correct way the relay should be? Then I can double check that it is in fact hooked up correctly.

Thanks for your help!

6. toby4492

The relay wiring instructions are on this same guide. Do you have the white wires between the plow lights connected together?

7. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Yes the lights are connected to one another.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be a bad relay, could be mis-wired, could have wrong adapters.

If I have this correct you're saying that you have no lights at all on the truck until you attach the plow? Then the truck lights come on but only on high beam, and only if the plow is plugged in?
    Do the truck lights have to be turned on?

9. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Let me start over. The light harness harness replaces the stock harness. When we plug in sno-way light harness we only get high beam and no low beam. Once we plug in the lights they come in place of the high beams on the truck.

Basically we have no low beam.

10. toby4492

Did you determine the headlamp connectors and whether you require an adapter?

If the connectors are 2B/2D or HB2 you don't require an adapter.

If you have HB3/HB4 you will require adapter #99100202. If they are LF/UF adapter #99100201.

It sounds as the relay is working if it is switching from truck to plow.

11. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

I will check tomorrow when it is light out and report back.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But this is only on the plow? the truck is OK with out the plow?

13. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Prior to putting the plow on the lights worked.

14. toby4492

Kevin,

Prior to doing any installation all vehicle light functions performed correctly. Let's take the plow out of the equation at the moment. Now that you have installed the light harness and relay do the low and high beams function on the vehicle as normal? Meaning do you have low and high beams or just the high beams?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  15. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Only high beans. I currently have no low beam when the lights are unplugged.

16. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Where can I find these numbers?

17. toby4492

Usually there is enough information on the headlamp lens to determine which adapter you would potentially need. Post what you find on them.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

From the pics you posted you should have the quad composite adapters.

they why to tell is
    2B/2D or HB2 you have only one light and filament per side.

If you have HB3/HB4 you will require adapter #99100202. quad individuals 4 lights and filaments per side

If they are LF/UF adapter #99100201. quad composite 2 bulbs and 4 filaments a side

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Kevin's Tahoe will have the HB3/HB4 lights.

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You think i have that backward, possibly I was working from memory, something I'm too old to do:nod:

You think

HB3/HB4. quad composite 2 bulbs and 4 filaments a side

LF/UF .quad individuals 4 lights and filaments per side

I'll double check, but I think we both agree he has quad composite lights.