1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To The Industry

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RYDER, Sep 20, 2005.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I am new to biz. Can anyone tell me the right plow shoe adjustment? I have a new Snow-Way with downpressure.
  2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

that all depends on what kind of plowing you're going to do, whether you're going to salt, what surfaces you're plowing, etc.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If your plowing a gravel drive or lot, keep the shoes on until the ground freezes. Then raise them all of the way up or take them off and leave them at home.
    Adjust; as close to the surface your plowing as you can.

The down pressure is useless, unless the cutting edge is on the ground and the shoes are off, other wise your wearing off the bottom of your shoes.
    Hope this helps, I use to have a jeep with a snow-way.
  4. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

It is asphalt and some cement. Thanks for the help.
  5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I have a 2 to 3 small parking lots, a short road, and about 10 driveways as of now.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I find the best place for the shoes is on my desk holding my invoices down. I have never used them. I only plow asphalt lots and concrete sidewalks. A cutting edge lasts me 3-4 years.
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, everytime I get a new plow the shoes go right on ebay...