1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the industry - Long Private Road, Need Help Pricing Please -

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jb3nh, Oct 21, 2008.

1. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Good Morning Fellas,

This is my first year on my own plowing for anyone but my father's quarter mile gravel driveway out in the woods. Never charged him a cent cause plowings fun.. So I'm out on the seacoast of NH. Small landscape company, its taken a long time to get all the equipment together, finally i can offer plowing service, sand and salt, snowblowing the whole nine yards..

I just got a call from a condo association. They're looking to have thier private almost straight shot with a round about quarter mile 2 lane viginal fresh asphalt plowed. Just came in from driving it. Theres pleanty of room on either side of the road to push with piling/stacking spots. They have a field for snow storage, pleanty of turn around room. In my mind this place is almost ideal. I'm running an 07 gas chevy 3500 with a dump body and a 2 yard sander and a 9 foot blade.

I could use a guess or a shot in the dark on about what to charge

I'd like to use the 2inch trigger up to 6 - 9 - 12+ method, but i'm definately up for any and all suggestions. They want sand and salt seperately bid into it.

If I get it, this place would be the corner stone of the couple driveways I've got lined up. It's a great chance for me to really get out there.

Thank you

-John

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Hey john,

From you experience plowing out your dads drive, you shoul able able to figure how long it would take you at different depth scenarios, then multiply times your truck rate.

3. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

His driveway is a little different, he just wants the road open for the tennants, 7 units each seperate driveways, doesn't have to be pretty, driving across the 'lawn' is perfectly acceptable :salute: Hindsight being what it is i should have timed it. Maybe i'm over thinking this bid. Anyone with some insight on how much 50/50 salt 'n sand to spread under for a typical freeze no ice storm type condition?

Thank you

-John

4. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

3600 sq ft == 50 lbs

About 300 pounds?