1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the industry have a few questions on pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ColliganLands, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Everyone,
    i am just starting a landscaping/snow plowing company this year. I just bought a 2005 f350 superduty diesel an a 8ft fisher minutemount 2 HD. I have a few questions on pricing. I am assuming for a residential driveway/commercial lot i would charge by push and was wondering what you guy think is a reasonable rate to do a standard driveway/small (711 size) commercial lot. I was thinking around 45 a push for driveways and somewhere between 100-150 for the lot. Also if i had a 2.5 or 3 inch trigger then i would plow it when the trigger amount hit and then return however many times to keep that area clear? ive plowed for other companies before and have friends who plow for companies but i always jsut got their hourly rate so i have no idea as to pricing. Also if anyone has some sample contracts that they wouldnt mind letting me take a look at i would really appreciate it. And finally how would i go about getting ont he towns snow contractor list?
    Sorry if this is repetitive and thanks for all your help
    Kyle - ColliganLands

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome! Your questions have been asked and answered many many times. Use the search function that's located above and you'll be able to find answers to all your questions.

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

thankyou for the reply