1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Tractor Plower, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Hello everyone, after a year of scanning hundreds of threads and gathering valuable information from Plowsite, I finally decided to join the fun. I live in rural Ontario and plow about a dozen rural laneways, ranging from 200' to about a mile. Being a fulltime college student, taking care of the farm, and plowing for a private contractor, I find little time to take on major accounts of my own. I have to say thanks for all the valuable information i have gathered from reading threads. I currently run a Kubota L5030 utility tractor with a home-made plow set-up on the front loader. Besides having the material laying around the farm, i thought it'd be a good place to start. (plow for the truck to come...) The tractor does an amazing job with the snow, racking up almost 150 hours/year just in plowing, it is a mighty workhorse. Having plowed with heavy pickups and skidsteers in the past, i must say the productivity is between a truck and a skidsteer in parking lots. When plowing for the contractor, i use his Ag tractors to clear city streets. (both Massey Ferguson; 3680 w/12' blade and 4800 with 12' blade).
    To conclude, I'd like to say hey to everyone and good luck in the '07 plow year!
    tymusic payup

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to the site:waving: Lets get some pics of your tractor, it sounds cool. Not everyone is having such good luck this season. Many guys have not even dropped a plow once this year!!! I have plowed almost every day since the 16th of Jan.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome

Glad to see another member.

4. Tractor Plower

Thanks!

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcomes! I will have some pics of the 'bota as soon as i get the camera from the GF! we have had about 12" of snow here this year, however i've been out 4 times :rolleyes: Small events still pay the same! I feel for you guys who can still see your lawns, last winter i only put 6hrs on plowing. I was suffering snow withdrawal!
    Pics of the 'bota are to come!

5. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:salute: Welcome to the site PLOWER glad to have anew member.:waving:

6. Tractor Plower

Thanks WALKERS, glad to be a member! I just got in from another 2" (5cm) snowfall. Seems that's all the clouds can hold this year!! :rolleyes: Goodluck this year!

7. Oh no, another canadian! lol, just messin' with ya. Welcome to the site!! Yeah post some pics, I too would like to see what you're workin with. :waving: tymusic

8. Tractor Plower

Yep, another Canadian, EH! I will post pics of the Kubota and my truck in the equipment pics forum! enjoy!

-Miketymusic

9. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

welcome welcome...does ur rig have a cab or si it open??

10. Tractor Plower

rfed32- My tractor has the factory cab, one of the reasons we chose the Kubota over a Deere (deere didnt offer factory cabs in this size at the time) I just got in from pushing back snow drifts, it's -16*C here without the windchill, the cab kept me nice and warm!

-Mike

11. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome TC remember heat and battery are the keys to a good day:waving:

12. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

welcome to plowsite neighbour... Im just down Rymal. Hope you were busy with the storm last week. See you around.

13. Tractor Plower

AFM, hey! What do your trucks look like? and where are some of your accounts? I will occasionally do some snowblowing between Upper James and Dartnall, when the snow is piled high enough.
    Be sure to shout if your in a bind, I can always get the equipment.

These are some pics from the big V-day storm, downtown Hamilton (in a 4-unit congo line), Bay street, and the Bayfront Park waterfront trail. (Yep, took the 160HP Massey w/ duals on the floating bridge under the 403 straight to Cootes)

-Miketymusic

14-02-07_1150.jpg

14-02-07_1415.jpg

14-02-07_1428.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  14. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I do a bunch of residentials, a couple offices downtown but the majority of my work is with cicarelli group. i personally am looking for more work, but i know a couple guys who could probably use some help.

15. Tractor Plower

AFM, PM me with your e-mail address (im unsure how to use the PM feature, or I would PM you) haha. Incase I hear of any work, I'll be sure to let you know. I have many people who ask if I can do residential stuff, however I am kept far too busy as it is now.

-Thanks, Mike.:bluebounc