1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 01PStroke, Sep 11, 2011.

1. 01PStroke

01PStroke Senior Member

Hello there! I'm new to posting on the forum.. been reading on and off for the last year or so. Question I have, which I can't seem to get a straight answer on, is what kind of insurance do I need to plow as a sub? I know I'm going to need a rider for my regular auto insurance, but general liability? Commercial? I'm kind of hoping to just get my feet wet this year, subbing when I can (I do work full-time and can't commit to a contract) and trying to get some experience in.

I know getting into someone else's truck to run would be optimal, but around here it seems like no one is willing to give a newbie a chance! The big boy in town is Artic and I could be wrong, but most of the p/us I see on their lots don't seem to be owned by them (subbed out). Someone steer me in the right direction!

BTW: I have a 2001 f-250 4x4 CC 6ft box 7.3 diesel.. and it's very YELLOW Thumbs Up

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Snowplowing insurance is what you need:)

3. 01PStroke

01PStroke Senior Member

EDIT: Just re-read the "newbies start here" sticky. Should be ok with the rider! Now.. any suggestions on plows? Where's a good place to start looking?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  4. grandview

Call a insurance broker first and tell them what you want to do. Get a Boss v plow. some companies will pay extra if you run a v plow.

5. 01PStroke

01PStroke Senior Member

That's what I was thinking.. seems like in the grand scheme of things it isn't really THAT much more to go to a V right from the get-go. Any suggestions on the size? I would like to still be able to do resi driveways too, if that's a factor

6. grandview

8.2 Boss.will work.