1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum (any NH guys?)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chris.outdoor, Dec 9, 2010.

1. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

Hey Guys Im Chris, im 23 and i own my own Plowing/Landscaping and Excavation business and was wondering how many of you are in NH??? Iv been plowing sence i was about 16 and was wonderin if you were running into the same (EXTREME PRICE DROPS) for plowing this year?? its Killing me this year! THANK god for loyal customers..

2. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

wow no one from NH?? lol

3. SD Cookman

SD Cookman Junior Member

Hey Chris,

I'm in NH, Goffstown right next door.

I don't do commercial plowing, just a few residents in my area. I'm a contractor by trade and only do this as a service to them and neighbors.

Give it time for people to respond, not everyone checks in at all hours all day. I tend to check in just in the morning.....

Dave

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to Plow Site Chris. I'm from Central Maine.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Chris,
    I'm from Maine also.... Welcome to bidding in a down economy... Its just not NH... Its everywhere.... Use the search function .... you'll see pleanty of threads on pricing (and the frustration) this year ....

6. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

Thats Funny Dave because i grew up in pinardville. I BET i have seen you around. And thanks for the welcomes guys... Hoping next years bids work out better lol i know numbers on ALOT and cant wait till the bidding season next year!

7. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

And Mick 76 NICE cobra! i had a black 03 last year and i MISS MINE EVERY DAY!!!:laughing:

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Chris here from the seacoast area, welcome to the forum

9. plowking15

plowking15 Member

Hi,Chris. I'm from Nottingham. I used to plow commercially, now plow with the highway dept. for last few years.I imagine you have a lot more competiton in the city. plowking

10. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

I do! I actually JUST lost an account that i have had for 4 years because the customer rents spots from someone and he told my customer that he would not renew the rental on the spots unless he used HIS plow guy... because the plow guy was a relative or something:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad: it was one of my largest accounts

11. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thanks Chris... Dyno'd at 603 hp to the rear wheels... it sure beats driving the damn trucks that for sure!...LOL

12. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

daaaayyyyuummmm :eek: I never had a dyno run with my car... god i miss mine haha Thumbs Up

13. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I am from Northwood, NH and yes, I have had to deal with extreme lowballers this year too. You just have to know who to go after that will appreciate quality.

14. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

Hey Chris welcome to forum im from the white mtns area...

15. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

Im in NH as well down in monadnock area.

16. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

can we please get some snow on sunday!

17. 03F250FX4

03F250FX4 Junior Member

Hey I'm from the Seacoast,NH area praying for snow on sunday. Going to be doing some plowing for the state of mass this season.