1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum and Snow removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rob_cook2001, Nov 15, 2008.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hey everyone, have been reading for a few days and love the sight.
    I put up hay and am looking into snow removal to keep me from going crazy in the winter.
    Would be doing a few (5-10) small lots maybe a acre at the largest and then some deacent size driveways for a new development down the road (there driveways are 2-3 cars wide and maybe 40yards long) and i might do 25 of them. I would like to do this with 2 skid loaders i have a newholland 170 and will be purchasing a new bobcat s300.
    My two questions are do you think i should be able to keep up with the two skids? and what should i run on them? light material buckets, angle blades, or pushers?
    sorry for the long post guys and thanks for the help

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Will you be teaming these with a truck with a blade?

3. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

if you are going to be using the two skids i would be looking at large snow buckets for them

4. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Will both skids be operating at the same time? If its just one skid its probably going to be a lot of long/sore/rough, days.

I would think a good wide pusher and some chains, you could get a lot done.

Welcome to the Site!

:gunsfiring:

5. rob_cook2001

thanks guys, sorry i posted in the wrong section lol.
    They will be both run at once, and just the 2 skids,. One site will need the snow hauled off and i have a truck for that but the others just need it piled.
    i have pushed alot of snow around my farm but not much on paved serfaces, am i going to tear up the asphalt if i run snow buckets with rubber edges?
    thanks alot guys

6. rob_cook2001

IF i go with snow buckets i was thinking 100 inch for the bobcat and 80inch for the NH
    do you guys think pushers will work better?
    sorry for so many ?'s i am just a dumb farmer lol

7. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Put a pusher on the S300 for sure, and run it on the bigger lots. You will be shocked at just how much snow you can move with one, plus they stack better than a bucket can. A blade on the smaller one would work better for the drives, I would think, plus, you would have a blade for clean up. I wouldn' want to try and clear without either a a blade or a pusher.

8. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Welcome to the site rob cook2001 :waving:

9. rob_cook2001

thanks guys, what brand pusher does everyone have good luck with??

10. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I hear good things about the pro-tech pushers. We have a couple on our loaders. Check out the pro-tech forum, Im sure someone there can better help you.

11. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Artic are the best hands down, I have used them, but I don't own one. I'm to cheap to buy one myself