1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum and plowing

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by LJ Dave, Nov 6, 2011.

1. LJ Dave

LJ Dave Junior Member

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Been lurking on this site while I was shopping for a cheap but reliable plow vehicle to do my driveway, private road and the two neighbors drives that we share the road with. We live in Colorado and get some deep snow with no public maintenance on the road up to our houses. I recently bought a 1990 Suburban with a nice Hiniker 2752 plow, new engine, new transmission, new studded snow tires and almost no rust. Have only had a chance to use it twice and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Plowing is a ton of fun and I can't wait for more snow and look forward to learning more from this site.
    Hopefully these pictures of the new-to-me rig will post. It's a nice rig for the light duty personal plowing I need to do and beats the heck out of using a walk-behind snow blower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

wellcome to the site and thats a really clean truck!!!

3. LJ Dave

LJ Dave Junior Member

Thanks Plowman. I look forward to learning more on this forum.

The truck drives very well and it has by far the nicest plow that I looked at with a professional installation. I like how easy it is to attach and detach the plow, just 2 electrical connectors and a lever and it's off the truck. I don't know how durable the Hiniker plows are relative to other brands, but it seems really well made to me. I don't see much on that brand on this forum.
    I had to fix a few minor items on the truck, but have enjoyed having a project to tinker with. Just installed new u-joints in the rear drive shaft yesterday Haven't done that job in years and actually enjoyed it.

4. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Welcome to the site, it's a great place to learn and to feed the habit we call "plowing". That is a sweet truck. It will give you years of fun. I have no experience with the Hinikers but from the photos it likes like a decent setup.

Good luck!

5. LJ Dave

LJ Dave Junior Member

Now if we would just get some snow!