1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum.. 98 K1500 front torsion bars

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rahzip, Nov 1, 2005.

1. rahzip

rahzip Junior Member

I just bought a used 7.5 meyer plow. I have everything installed. But I have not put the plow itself on the truck. I was wondering how bad the load will be on the torsion bar frontend. Has anyone had any problems or suggestions?

2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Put it on and raise it up, hopfully only drops the front end about an inch or so, you can crank up the torsion bars, add timberens. Add ballast to the back of the truck, do a search on ballast and you will find a bunch of info on it.

3. rahzip

rahzip Junior Member

Thanks ght! I will do a search. I dont think I follow you on the timberens. Please, explain.

4. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Do a search on the timberens also, been discussed to death. Basically a load booster that goes in place of your stock suspension stops.

5. rahzip

rahzip Junior Member

:) Thanks ght. I will do that:)

6. genrock

genrock Member

Load ballast suggestion if your going to salt anyway why not buy yourself a pallet of sallet and have it loaded in the bed. Otherwise concrete parking barriers are the best thing for it. Around 200 lbs should do it. Or if your wife is as big as mine make her ride in the back when your plowing.